Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I had electrical problems and i found out the rectifier is overcharging the batary,it was 16 volt instead of
14-15 as honda say it should, i bought a new rectifier and now it is 14.3 volt constant,all is well!
well not all...some says it is also can damedge the CDI, and some times on long ride the engine start to loss rpm
kind off engin cuttoff... i turn off the lights(!), and the problem disapears.
I check all wires for fault and found noting.

Any Idaes?
My opinion is cdi... any ideas where to get it for good price?

tx!
Nati

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Just a thought . . . .

The damaged Reg/Rec could have damaged your battery - did you change the battery when you changed the Reg/Rec?

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I've never heard of an ignition control unit failing on this forum...but maybe someone else has.

Where did you source your R/R from and are you sure it's the correct one for this model? Good point about the battery. You should have a new one to go with the new R/R.

Anyhow...ICU's are not cheap....which i doubt is your problem.

Item #2 I believe.....ouch!

Motorbike components for Honda XRV-750-W (G) / F-28-1 WIRE HARNESS/ IGNITION COIL (2)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the batary is new, so want to belive that dameged rectifier did not dameged it.
Any way to check it?

The RR is from Ebay from a greek guy ,it looks 100% like the old one with the same model type,but it is not direct from honda so the price was half (100Euro).
It works great with full load (light, horn etc....)
14.3 volt .

I read in few places the bad RR will kil the ICU (CDI).

thank you!
Nati

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Sounds like you have the correct R/R if you purchased from the 'Greek Guy'....and your battery is new...output voltage is good. I don't know what to suggest other than check wiring connectors at the ICU, Pulse Generator, HT coils.

Someone recommended the following Czech Republic site (Igni Tech) for being helpful and selling inexspensive CDI/ICU's.

IgniTech

·
Space Emperor
657 Posts
I assume you solved the problem, nati? What was it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts