Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '89 TA with the higher AT suspension fitted. Is there a centerstand option for this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that there might be an option on the TA with the raised suspension but now realize it's a mounting issue for that year TA.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
the 'raised suspension' was never an official Honda modification.

early transalps (1986-88?) did not have any mounting lugs on the frame to fit the centre stand onto

if you have a transalp with the mounting lugs then there is the official honda centre stand (now no longer available), which looks like this

1.jpg

or...SW Motec do one, so do wemoto.

http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/XL600V-Transalp-Centre-Stand--91-00-.html

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/xl_600_vx_transalp/99/picture/centre___main_stand_kit/

but they will only fit a standard height transalp.

a lot of the transalp 600s in germany/france have this style stand fitted, but i am not sure who makes it

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg

i think a transalp 650 centre stand fits the 600, but i am not sure about the transalp 700 centre stand

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi Magus is your Transalp a Drum Rear Brake or Disc Rear Brake as there are 2 Types of Centre Stand for the Earlier Transalps .The Earlier Transalps Centre Stand Fitted onto a Plate Between the Back of the Engine and the Swinging Arm Pivot, The Older Model Transalp Bolted on to Lugs on the Frame under the Back of the Engine.Hope this Helps

Reactions: Magus

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
i've got a 1990 rear drum brake model and my centre stand fits onto lugs on the frame

i think the 1986-1988 models did not have these lugs

·
Registered
59 Posts
recommend them, they do great job. good steel grade, good welding good paint.
I'm waiting for the crashbars from them. the givi frames are business like cheap shit that sells for to much/ you pay for the brand and for the savings of the company. I have the panniers rasks for my transalp and I don't really like them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Magus is your Transalp a Drum Rear Brake or Disc Rear Brake as there are 2 Types of Centre Stand for the Earlier Transalps .The Earlier Transalps Centre Stand Fitted onto a Plate Between the Back of the Engine and the Swinging Arm Pivot, The Older Model Transalp Bolted on to Lugs on the Frame under the Back of the Engine.Hope this Helps
Me? (Mattias)
1989. Drum.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
My TA has the rear disc brake and AT rear wheel as well as an AT swingarm (as well as the longer suspension). When I next see the bike I'll have to take a look and see if there are any lugs attached.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts