Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bog standard rear Paddock Stand last week but when I used it at the weekend the damn thing opened up and as I was trying to get it off the bloody bike fell over !

Luckily the Crash Bars saved any problems but it made me very suspicious of using the stand again.

So I'm looking at getting a centrestand like I have on most of my bikes.

Just wondered if the Centre Stand would reduce ground clearance because I had one on the Crosstourer and it reduced it by quite a bit, grinding down at the least corner so wondered if anyone has one and if its ok for that ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yep got one on my Transalp. Unfortunatly the previous owner lowered the suspension about an inch, presumably to be able to plant both feet on the ground when at a standstill. This makes it bloody hard work to haul the bike up onto the stand. I will eventually get around to putting it back to the original settings. Even with the lower settings I haven't had the stand hit the road, yet :)Nick.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I got a bog standard rear Paddock Stand last week but when I used it at the weekend the damn thing opened up and as I was trying to get it off the bloody bike fell over !

Luckily the Crash Bars saved any problems but it made me very suspicious of using the stand again.

So I'm looking at getting a centrestand like I have on most of my bikes.

Just wondered if the Centre Stand would reduce ground clearance because I had one on the Crosstourer and it reduced it by quite a bit, grinding down at the least corner so wondered if anyone has one and if its ok for that ?
I feel your pain friend. My Daytona needed a paddock stand, NEVER trusted it, the slightest amount of pressure when chain cleaning etc.... ohh... that wobble wasn't good.
Loads of aftermarket centre stands, I would go for one :) Try Honda Transalp 600 Center Stander 65Euro :)
Good luck

·
Registered
687 Posts
never had the centre stand touch down in a corner on my 650...even loaded up with me, wife and luggage (approximately 210KG)

R.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fitted Honda centre stand to standard 700 and no problems at all with grounding. Even fully loaded with camping gear but only me on it.
Only gripe is lifting it onto stand takes a muscle.:naka:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi
I can highly recommend the HeavyDuties center stand. Sturdy and cheap, as everything should be. The guys behind the website and the products are serious bikers and very skilled at metal work. I have myself a center stand from them for my XL700 and it is perfect.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi
I can highly recommend the HeavyDuties center stand. Sturdy and cheap, as everything should be. The guys behind the website and the products are serious bikers and very skilled at metal work. I have myself a center stand from them for my XL700 and it is perfect.
That's a really good web site and the products look top class, thanks for posting :thumbup:

·
Registered
755 Posts
+1 on the Heavyduties stands!

I bought one from them at the start of the year for my AT RD04 (almost impossible to source from elsewhere as Honda discontinued 'em, and they were only ever an optional accessory anyway).

I'd bought a pair of generic paddock stands last year, used to front one a couple of times and didn't really trust it (far too wobbly for my liking!), and the rear wasn't even useable without removing the rear rack and tailguard as it wouldn't fit otherwise...

I ordered from Heavyduties via email, Alex who runs the business was a top bloke to deal with, got the stand after a week or so of ordering, and they chucked in a rum n raisin choccy bar with the order as well :thumbup:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Only when off-road!!

I don't think it's an issue when cornering to be honest, even in the Alps, fully laden the only problem I had was footpegs... ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fitted Honda centre stand to standard 700 and no problems at all with grounding. Even fully loaded with camping gear but only me on it.
Only gripe is lifting it onto stand takes a muscle.:naka:
Totally agree, Its more difficult to get on the stand than my ST1300 and for some reason you have to use the wrong foot and leave the side stand down while doing so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts