Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hope its not too bad and get well soon.

Better spare a thought for the staff at the hospital as he recovers.

Best wishes from Skye.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Get well soon :thumbright:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Annette & I went up to see him yesterday - expecting the worst when we got to the hospital - BUT, he was sitting up in bed, full of colour and generally in a very jolly mood considering his right leg was almost off!!...........:thumbright:

Stevie was with him, and he was happily under the influence of morphine :D :D

Initial prognosis was that he'd been very lucky that the blade had 'only' gone through the side and rear of the thigh - and not the bone and femoral artery - so the surgeons were going to take him down to theatre today and see what needed to be done.

Update from this evening - after having spoken to Stevie, Chad was taken down to theatre late this afternoon for a close inspection of the gaping wound...........surgeon was pleseantly suprised that the wound was relatively clean - so they're going to pack it full of antibiotics, cover it and have another clean up and inspection tomorrow before deciding whether to pull it together with some knitting needles.

Looks like Chad will be in hospital until at least the end of the week.

I think it's going to be a fair few weeks before he gets back on the bike though.:(

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Did he say 'good golly my word that smarts a tad old bean'..........or did he fill the air with profanity!! :D:thumbleft: nasty old whirling blades of doom! Thankfully we don't get to call him kitkat and that top banana Bob retains the numero uno monoped position.:thumbleft:

All the best big fella and make haste with your recovery! If you need owt or your good lady or family needs a hand with owt (including maths homework!!;)) drop me a line. Although it does sound like a good excuse for me to visit when you get home and come and eat shepherds pie and make sure the ktm battery stays charged! :D:D:D I will be out of the country for 2 weeks commencing the 20th but after that I will be twiddlin me thumbs for another 2 weeks so do shout if owt needed.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
****! Can't believe I didn't see this.

So glad it wasn't the bike accident I was thinking it would be and that the outlook is positive as can be expected. :thumbup:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
..........surgeon was pleseantly suprised that the wound was relatively clean ........
I'm not suprised!! the 3mm slice it probably removed is probably stuck somewhere a few metres away with the sawdust!! :D:D

Can someone suggest to chad when they see him, after our conversation the other week about common themes, that he might have been number 3 after all! :D he'll understand if he is in good spirits! :D

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I'm not suprised!! the 3mm slice it probably removed is probably stuck somewhere a few metres away with the sawdust!! :D:D
nah - the Skilsaw had an old blade in it - so fortunately for Chad it ripped through the muscle and stopped before it hit the bone. Ironically if it had been a nice shiny new blade he'd have had his leg 'orf...........'cos it would have sliced through so easily........;)

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
nah - the Skilsaw had an old blade in it - so fortunately for Chad it ripped through the muscle and stopped before it hit the bone. Ironically if it had been a nice shiny new blade he'd have had his leg 'orf...........'cos it would have sliced through so easily........;)

I thought it might have been a buzz saw for the ply! didn't realise it was the old Stihl saw doom....!......sh!t...thats gotta hurt cos it probably stalled whilst still in the wound then! oooooohhh who had the pleasure of pulling THAT out!?!?

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I thought it might have been a buzz saw for the ply! didn't realise it was the old Stihl saw doom....!......sh!t...thats gotta hurt cos it probably stalled whilst still in the wound then! oooooohhh who had the pleasure of pulling THAT out!?!?
It was an old type Skilsaw that slows down to a stop after you release the trigger - which is why so much tissue damage. The new ones have an automatic brake that immediately stop the blade when the trigger is released.........:(

Chad had to remove the blade himself and hobble across the site to get help..........talk about worst case scenario.............:(

And to top it all - even as the paramedics were loading the stretcher into the ambulance he was still shouting instructions to get the pour done right!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
....even as the paramedics were loading the stretcher into the ambulance he was still shouting instructions to get the pour done right!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Of course he was!!! Them plonkers would burst the shutters without a babysitter. Burst shutters!!! now that would spoil his day and there's a mans pride to think of!! pride I tell ya!:D;)

Can we get the man a laptop with wifi??? I'd be interested to see his posts out of his mind on morphine!! :D

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Can we get the man a laptop with wifi??? I'd be interested to see his posts out of his mind on morphine!! :D
Stevie's taking his laptop over to him tomorrow - but I don't think he can get a wifi connection in his ward - unless we can summon up a gizmo like we did for SteveC..................

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
bloody hell :(
thought this was going to be some sort of wind up when i started reading this.. :confused:
speedy recovery chad

:D:D

·
Registered
398 Posts
sorry to here this,glad to here the medical people are going to sort this out :thumb:.and back in action soon ,hate to think of what could of been :mad:

Stevie's taking his laptop over to him tomorrow - but I don't think he can get a wifi connection in his ward - unless we can summon up a gizmo like we did for SteveC..................
this gives me a chance to catch up now and become the top poster ;) :D

all the best from the little Isle :thumbleft:

Tony K

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Bloody Hell !! How did I miss this?

I'm glad to hear that Big Essex Lummox is better than it was beginning to sound. Johnathon or Pete, please pass on my regards to Chad and Stevie and wish him a speeedy recovery.

The good thing is, once he starts moaning about the hospital food, they'll make sure he gets better quick so they can get rid of him!!

Bob

41 - 60 of 219 Posts