Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was the verdict of mrs alps and the alpslapperettes tonight when he came around with his lovely wife Stevie to assess the damage to the bike.

Well, let me tell you, he's not.

He's a back-stabbing, double crossing little $h*t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was supposed to suck his teeth, scratch his head, and in front of she who must be obeyed say: ''dear oh dear oh dear.... that's a rightoff matey, gonna have to get yourself a new bike there mate'' !!!

What he actually said was ''get yourself a new brake leaver, I'll sort your headrace out and I'll have you back on the road in 5 minutes'' !!!!!!

Whatever happened to the brotherhood eh? :(

Whatever happened to loyalty at all costs eh? :(

Mind, he has seen her swing an axe, so maybe it's understandable :hitler:

Oh well, it's all good :D Damage probably isn't as bad as it could have been and I got off lightly with a broken wrist.

Had he stuck with my plan, I suspect I'd have had a few more boken bones after he left :D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Have I missed something:confused: you're hurt:confused: broken wrist? Damaged bike:confused:
Whats going on Tom?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Did I miss that to0? You OK?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Come on Tom spill the beans :blob3:

Glad you're OK though :thumbup:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tom, you senile old git, you forgot the to post about your accident first!

Glad your ok though :D
That'll be the bang on the head lol

That's the caring XRV spirit! :D
Better than any meds :)

Car bike interface last Thursday on the way to my father-in-laws funeral :shock:

Bike's headraces might be nackered and Doctor Chad isn't sure about the forks. Other damage is broken screen, broken right mirror and broken front brake lever.

Those crashbars I got off sean years ago finally paid off :) Saved a fortune in damage I reckon :thumbright:

I got away with badly sprained left wrist (now in a splint) and broken right wrist (now in a cast).

So, all in all, pretty light damage all round as it could have been a lot worse.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Those crashbars I got off sean years ago finally paid off - see what a decent bloke I was selling them knowing you would only go a break them...

I got away with badly sprained left wrist (now in a splint) and broken right wrist (now in a cast). Gonna make botty cleaning fun....
hope you're ok, if you need any help rebuilding the bike let me know.

Sean

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
That'll be the bang on the head lol

Better than any meds :)

Car bike interface last Thursday on the way to my father-in-laws funeral :shock:

Bike's headraces might be nackered and Doctor Chad isn't sure about the forks. Other damage is broken screen, broken right mirror and broken front brake lever.

Those crashbars I got off sean years ago finally paid off :) Saved a fortune in damage I reckon :thumbright:

I got away with badly sprained left wrist (now in a splint) and broken right wrist (now in a cast).

So, all in all, pretty light damage all round as it could have been a lot worse.
Silly arse!.

I have to pick up my daughter from Brentwood tomorrow so I intend popping by with grapes, symptahy and.... probably sarcasm.
:D

Will text you for your address

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Silly arse!.

I have to pick up my daughter from Brentwood tomorrow so I intend popping by with grapes, symptahy and.... probably sarcasm.
:D

Will text you for your address
please let me know his address as well as i am off next week and got plenty time to anoy him:D:D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Tom, sorry to hear about this, hope you mend quickly. Meantime, enjoy all the sympathy you're getting from the site :rolleyes:.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
Blimey - I know adventure bikers try to emulate the famous few, but breaking wrists on the dakar is a bit more of a tale than on the way to a funeral!

Glad you're ok matey - hope you mend quickly and the tale has a happy ending!

(is this why your fantasy road race team is doing so well, out of sympathy??)

Z:-D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Tom sorry about the accident Boyo, But remember XLV's Cost money to repair, NHS is free.:D
Does this mean you don't have to go to work for a while.:D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
you know where I am mate, call me if you need anything , mend well and soon.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Bloody hell Tom that could have been really nasty hope you're not hurting to much. Still punishment on it's way having visits from chris and Pete, that'll teach you. Take it easy :thumbright:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts