Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just went to adjust the chain on my recent purchase only to find the chain side adjuster seems to be knackered.does nothing.I reacon it needs re threading.Is this going to be a massive problem?:thumbup: I've searched this site and not found anything,and its obviously not in the Haynes manual. Engineering problem more likely than a mechanical I 'm guessing?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
hi james
i've noticed you seem to struggle getting responses to your threads.:(
i and i'm sure many others on here probably don't know you particular model of bike so find it difficult to answer.:(
if you could post a photo or scan any relevent details from a manual it may assist with getting an answer from the vast general knowledge of bikes and engineering available on here.:thumbright:

good luck

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
after a bit of searching i assume you have a bolt screwed into the swing arm??
if its just the bolt thats gone just a new bolt would do it.
if its the thread in the swing arm its a bit more of a problem. its always possible to use a "helicoil" insert.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Logical thinking results in logical conclusions. Says it all! Thank you..:thumbup: Ref: type of bike,thread starter says XR650R chain adjustment..:angel3:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Mate, I have just bought my second XR650R and I only live down the road near Ashburton (on the A38 8) I'll P.M you my No. and you can give me a call.
Cheers Rob.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all.Sorted.I don't know what I was thinking when I first did the job.I could kick myself.Too much work and not enough sleep I think.EASY job after sleep.Job done in ten minuets a few days ago.:clown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts