Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 650 alp has clocked 31,400 miles from new and is still on the original chain and sprockets, I know the green zone wear indicator will only be a guide to chain life but in the five mil. width the green has I still have one point five mil. left. Also the difference in chain play only varies about four or five mil all the way round so Ime wondering what is the biggest mileage that a chain and sprockets have done going by the condition of mine someone else must have gone past my mileage? There is also no detectable wear on the output shaft.

Have got pic's but haven't a clue how to get them into the right place to upload them :(

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
I had 32500ish miles from mine. No obvious wear on sprockets or chain- but changed them before anything nasty developed. I've always run a Scotoiler which I'm sure helped.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
I used to get around 35/36k miles from did x ring chains with oe front sprockets, the oe c&s kit (with regina chain I think it was) I got around 25k miles

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I too have used a scotoiler from about 2,000 miles a bit messy as the valve didn't always shut off right but always thought it very worthwhile, believe it or not I've never cleaned the chain once in all that mileage just left it to the oil to fling the crap off but then again the bike has been run in 95% dry weather.
Don't know what make the chain is think it has SMS ? on the links

1 - 5 of 5 Posts