Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just paid £75 for a new chain and sprockets for my cbf 125.which i thought was a little bit pricey. and im getting honda to fit them for me.how long should it take has they said 2 hours.labour is £45 an hour so that would make it £165. should it take them 2 hours to do the job for me and am i going to pay to much??:confused:

·
My Blue Beast
756 Posts
i reckon this is still a wind up and your just wasting our time and effort ! go and ask on another forum who may tolerate you better !!!!:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
so are we saying this is to expensive
It depends. If it's Honda Genuine, has been gold plated and each link is hand riveted in place then that could be quite reasonable.

Besides, you said the sprockets were fine so why are you getting the sprockets replaced?

I'd fit it myself so no labour charge - and I'd pay the going rate for the C&S kit. I'd find the going rate by using Google ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a genuine honda part. i thought if i got a new chain then i might aswell get 2 new spockets aswell

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Well, for a genuine chain and two genuine sprockets, that's probably not too far off the mark for the parts. However, 2 hours for doing the job is what's generally referred to as "Taking the piss".

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Why don't you let us know what area you are in. You may even get a nice XRVer to change it with you and you may even learn something.

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Ooh can I play:D
I'm assuming it being a 125 it has a spring link?
From piccies it looks like two bolts holding engine sprocket cover.
If spring link, I should say total job, 20 to 40 minutes max; allow longer for rivet link.
It'd probably take me two hours if it were a rivet link, because I'd be back and forth to the shed for the right bits and that extra bit of rag and my hundreth rubber glove; jeesh chains are messy:D
I allowed that extra hour for fitting a second cut off wheel to my dremel; I always push too hard:rolleyes:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Go to a different dealer. This one obviously wants you to take your business elsewhere for some reason...
sounds like it doesnt it.......
you dont ride up in a shell suit and nike's with a burberry 'at poking out from under you helmet, which isnt done up and on back to front going "innit... innit..." do you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts