Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend the best type of chain lube to get for my @, some are like a grease others spray on more like oil? I am sick of getting black crap all over the frame swinging arm and spokes lol
thanks in advance

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Wurth Dry Chain Lube :thumbup:

Reactions: een705

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
I use a Scotoiler but I don't mind the bit of fling off if I've got it set a bit heavily, all comes off when you wash the bike and may even give it a bit of extra weatherproofing. I bought the Hein Gerrik bargain bucket of bike love earlier this year and in there was some kind of chain spray but I don't like the look of it when it's on the chain Ian, you're welcome to it if you want it...

Reactions: een705

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bolty will give it a go it as to be better than what I use and I am going to order Stormforce8 recommendation as it seems a well reviewed product.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Been using that Wurth dry lube for a l-o-n-g- time and no complaints. Had a Scottoiler on my first Thunderbird and it made cleaning a nightmare (alloy rims). Dialing it to a satisfactory setting was inconsistent, depending on temperature and the way the wind blew. Waiting patiently for my Loobman via this fine site. I,ve heard nothing but good about them. I also have some EP80 and EP90 gear oil that have been prisoners in a dark corner of the shed for far too long.
To each his/her own.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Honda recommends 75/90 gear oil for lubing the chain I think. I've got a Scottoiler on mine and it's also set pretty heavy. I run the chain through a rag once a week and lube it with gear oil, even though it has a Scottoiler. Must be doing something right as it looks as new as the day I fitted it...

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
I use a scottoiler and do not worry about the rims being greasy, after having one rot away always cover em in ACF 50 anyway , but other bikes that I have i use the Wurth dry lube on seems good to me ,

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use Wurth Dry Chain Lube, everything else I've tried makes a mess.
If you try the Wurth lube, make sure you apply it to the instructions on the can!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I use Wurth Dry Chain Lube, everything else I've tried makes a mess.
If you try the Wurth lube, make sure you apply it to the instructions on the can!
????wont that make the can mucky???????:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts