Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just going through my new to me Transalp 700, fitting a scottoiler and have discovered a major defect in the chain. PO stated chain and sprockets were about 1k old, no discerable wear on sprocket and chain could not be pulled away from the rear sprocket teeth and plenty of adjustment left, I have no reason to doubt his word. What Ive seen is initially one cracked side plate and then after inspection at least 8 other cracked plates, cracked right the way through to the roller so effectively only one side of the chain carrying load...:eek: After fitting the oiler it would probably have been ages before I looked at the chain again, dread to think of the consequences of a snapped chain.... The chain make was Choho size 525SX. When I ground the rivets off to remove it, the rivet and side plate were noticably soft and quick to remove. Avoid Choho chains at all costs IMHO!

·
Registered
280 Posts
A REALLY Bloody good warning post this one...seen this make on ebay...really cheap as well...its not worth cutting any corners...stick with well known brands...Well posted.....

·
Stone Crazy
5,300 Posts
A REALLY Bloody good warning post this one...seen this make on ebay...really cheap as well...its not worth cutting any corners...stick with well known brands...Well posted.....
definetly use a reputable make of chain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts