Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1988 TA 600V
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While you were all going from Capital to Capital it was time for Chris and I to head to Abercarn in S Wales. This time no mates, no B&B just me,Chris, Red and the tent.
Bike all loaded
View attachment 4037
Off we went, Oxford then the A40 most of the way just to get there.
View attachment 4038
Quick stop for fuel and a bite to eat.
We arrived safely at the camp site Friday night, not the best but good showers and a nice bar:thumbright:.
Saturday saw us heading for the forest to meet up with the 20 or so other bikes,who had turned up to help the children with physical, mental, and learning difficulties. Company brilliant and the kids/adults (about 60 of them) absolutely loved it, the look on their faces when they had finished the 3 mile trial through the forest paths up hill and down dale told a picture in itself. As one pillion was off loaded so another was getting helmeted up for another go, there were about 20 bikes of different shapes and sizes
View attachment 4039 View attachment 4042 and we were all non stop for over two hours. View attachment 4040
Chris busied herself as a helmet dresser and loading assistant and really enjoyed herself too. A few well deserved beers followed once all the youngsters had left after a truly brilliant day. I took Chris round the course at the end of the day, she was going toa video of the trial and I was going to post it on here, I didn't think to check the content till later that evening only to find she had pressed the wrong button and I ended up with 1 photo of a tree:rolleyes:
Sunday took off to the Breacon Beacons (god you've got some wonderful roads and fantastic scenery over the border)and did some touring round there before heading to the Forest of Dean and spending another night at a really lovely little campsite near Drybrook View attachment 4041 .
Monday arives and its back home via some great roads going through Bourton on Water, Stow, Chipping Norton and Croughton. before finally arriving back in Newport Pagnell View attachment 4043
All in all met some great people and had a really fun pleasant and rewarding weekend.

·
Registered
237 Posts
thank you for kind deeds.i took my son along who enjoyed himself,especially the sidecar whilst i tried to be of use to anyone.you were really busy as i remember.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thank you Chalky for this excellent write up. Looks like you all did a great job and everyone obviously had a fantastic time.... well done to you, Chris and all the others who took part.:thumbright:

One thing that particularly amazes/fascinates me... how do you manage to ride Red with all that luggage? And how does Chris manage to get on there too? :confused: Lol! :D

And what a lovely way to finish your weekend in the Brecon Beacons and then the Forest...... wonderful!:D:D

:sunny:

·
1988 TA 600V
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing that particularly amazes/fascinates me... how do you manage to ride Red with all that luggage? And how does Chris manage to get on there too? :confused: Lol! :D

Thanks Meesh
Amazingly Red handled the extr a load like a true war horse, she felt a little light on the front end and I certainly found I could sit on her with both feet flat on the ground, maybe that's the secret for you, load Ben up to the hilt :p,
Cruised along at 60/70 with the occasional faster blast where traffic and conditions allowed with no complaints. As for Chris getting on and off, she's only 5ft 4 so we had to have plenty of practice getting her leg over;)

Have a good day and a safe ride x

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Great stuff and well done. I was away at Derbyshire and would have come along otherwise , maybe next year:thumbup:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Top job done there, Chalky :thumbup:. Good on you & Chris. :blob7:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts