Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry boys I know this is a bit cheeky but it is for a very good cause. FOr those of you that don't know I have a bit of a link with the UK GSER forum. Both my hubbie and father ride GS so I fraternise with the enemy a bit. Anyway, the girls on the site are doing a round Britain Relay Challenge. I will be riding from the Severn Bridge round the coast to Aberystwyth in September. It is all in aid of Breast Care Charity and we are trying to raise £10000.

It is a very good cause that I am passionate about as I work closely with the Breast care teams in the hospital.

I have put the link to the charity page, hope you don't mind.
(It does say that all the girls will be riding GS but I can assure you that I will be on Twinkle toes in her natural form despite pressure to put horrible GS stickers on her Uch i Fee :D )

http://www.justgiving.com/ukgser

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Mabel said:
It is a very good cause that I am passionate about as I work closely with the Breast care teams in the hospital.
I too am passionate about breasts, so a small donation posted up to start the ball rolling on this site.

good luck and good for you :D

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Dilbert said:
Mabel said:
I too am passionate about breasts, so a small donation posted up to start the ball rolling on this site.

good luck and good for you :D
Ah! Web Forum gold! Mabel! Its worth the sponsorship just for the joy this post will bring us... :D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Dilbert said:
to start the ball rolling on this site.
I love to have my balls rolled whilst thinking of breasts so I suppose I'd better contribute! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
'Keep it up ' Mabel
dangerous talk..

where do I sign up :twisted:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Mabel said:
this is great keep it up boys I haven't stopped laughing yet

:downtown: :downtown:
and a little from the chad clan as well mabel :D

keep em bouncing girl :wink:

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Mabel said:
:love5: :love5: :love5: You boys are fantastic. Thanks although I hope the GSers have a really good sense of humour looking at your comments :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They need one dealing with all those 'GS' moments...

·
17,680 Posts
Mabel said:
:love5: :love5: :love5: You boys are fantastic. Thanks although I hope the GSers have a really good sense of humour looking at your comments :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
if they dish it out they gotta be able to take it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its all in good spirit :wink:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just another shameless plug

THe date ouf our charity ride is getting closer and I know some of you wonderful guys have already give very generously, but just to let those who may not know about it. Myself and 11 other girls will be riding over 3,000 miles circumnavigaiting the UK as a relay challenge to raise money for Breat Cancer Care. Here is an updated link with the promotional literature and details of how to dontate online. The route I am doing has changed I am now riding from Lands End to the Severn Bridge which if you look at the press releases is route 4, we will be hading over a pink Bra as the "baton".

So come on support 12 girls riding around the UK wearing a pink bra - how can you resist :twisted: :twisted:

Here is the link
http://www.ukgser.com/pinkwayaround/

Thanks guys

:wink: :wink:

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
I will make a donation direct to Breast Cancer Care on your behalf from us, I am not prepared to have anything to with the UK GSER forum after they demanded money from us to post charitable information on the site not so long ago.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (note: not raising my faith in BMW owners much!! :x )

best of luck.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
Nice one Mabel - donation made, good luck from the Z household!

·
17,680 Posts
Jenna said:
(note: not raising my faith in BMW owners much!! :x )

best of luck.
how can you blame a bike for peoples behavior :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Call me when in Cornwall and I'll donate cash in person!

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Chad said:
Jenna said:

best of luck.
how can you blame a bike for peoples behavior :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
I don't think Jenna was blaming the bike, even Beemers don't try to extort money out of you, I think the comment was aimed at the club members (or the commitee that runs it), we're lucky in being such happy generous folk, just wait, once they indoctrinate you you will become another grey zombie and stop associating with us real people.

It's unfortunate though because it's the nice people trying to do some good that lose out, even if you do donate directly Jenna it would be nice to rise above that sad experience and declare your allegience to the happy world despite your feelings towards those less generous than yourself.

Oooh I feel all rightous now, won't last :lol:

·
17,680 Posts
Dilbert said:
Chad said:
Jenna said:

best of luck.
I don't think Jenna was blaming the bike, even Beemers don't try to extort money out of you, I think the comment was aimed at the club members (or the commitee that runs it), we're lucky in being such happy generous folk, just wait, once they indoctrinate you you will become another grey zombie and stop associating with us real people.

It's unfortunate though because it's the nice people trying to do some good that lose out, even if you do donate directly Jenna it would be nice to rise above that sad experience and declare your allegience to the happy world despite your feelings towards those less generous than yourself.

Oooh I feel all rightous now, won't last :lol:
many have tried to indoctrinate me but none have succeeded :twisted: and none ever will :wink:

besides i like it here in the happy world :lol: :lol: :lol: with real people its just a shame that a whole community gets branded because of the actions of a few :roll:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Recycler I will PM you with the details of start and route of the ride when I have them and you are very welcome to join us (don't tell the GSers though 2 Hondas :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Jenna - I do understand your sentiments, I make a point of not getting involved in the politics of the site but I do feel very passionately about Breast Cancer Care (I have a pair of my own) which is why I am doing the ride.

Thanks for everyones support if any of you want to tag along to say hello please feel free we do have a time restrictions so it may mean that you have to wait around a bit.

Oh and my leg starts at 4am :shock: so I understand if you lot stay tucked up in bed :wink:

·
17,680 Posts
Mabel said:
Recycler I will PM you with the details of start and route of the ride when I have them and you are very welcome to join us (don't tell the GSers though 2 Hondas :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Jenna - I do understand your sentiments, I make a point of not getting involved in the politics of the site but I do feel very passionately about Breast Cancer Care (I have a pair of my own) which is why I am doing the ride.

Thanks for everyones support if any of you want to tag along to say hello please feel free we do have a time restrictions so it may mean that you have to wait around a bit.

Oh and my leg starts at 4am :shock: so I understand if you lot stay tucked up in bed :wink:
GO! MABEL GO !! :D :D keep it rubber side down girl 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just thought I would give you a bit of an update. I finished my leg for this yesterday morning. It started in Kings Lynn at 9am on Tuesday and got to us at lands end at 350 Wednesday morning. My and Mr mabel had riden down tuesday had a hours sleep and then took the pink bra off a lovely lady called Jaq at 4am. We rode up the A39 and tried to stick as coastal as possible. We saw the sun rise over a very misty Barnstable and then headed back towards Wales, arriving at Magor services just after 9am which was an hour ahead of planned. The Bra was handed over to another lovely lady - Maria who headed towards Aberwystwyth for the next change over.

As far as I know they are now riding the Scottish legs and plan to finish Saturday morning at the east midlands.

Thanks guys for your support it has been a great experience. :wink: :wink:

If anyone is interested they are doing live updates on the Gser website in the Pink way round information and support section.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts