Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched Charleys new adventure programme set in Canada last night with my 9 year old grandson who its absolutely crazed on bikes hes watched all the Boorman Magregor escapades. I think Charley might be taking a leaf out of Gordon Ramsays book there seemed to be an awful lot of the F*** word used throughout, perhaps its just me or is it the norm these days and most likely Charley uses this sort of language around his children and family.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah I wasn't so worried about the language, that would put me in a somewhat hypocritical position :rolleyes:

But I thought it was more of the same Charlie Boorman failing to impress. Always sounds like the Queen asking a subject what they do for a living. With his favourite producer hamster buddy, even more so.

Canadians are very tolerant though don't you think? :angel2:

·
Turgid member
171 Posts
Gotta agree, CB loves himself a little toooo much. I honestly think he is out of his depth without Ewan McGreggor.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Gotta agree, CB loves himself a little toooo much. I honestly think he is out of his depth without Ewan McGreggor.
Me and the wife Met the guy twice first was at Ali Palace London after doing the first trip he was on the BMW stand second time was up the NEC bike show both time i thought he was a jumped up t**t. Nobody had heard of him before the bike trips

147.jpg

148.jpg

Picture paints a thousand words, these were at ALi Palace he was not a happy chap having to do meet and greets by the company that turned his future around, i found him quite miserable and you could tell he wasn't interested and didn't want to be there

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
TBH I don't blame him for doing it, he's obviously making a good living out of it and i'd be happy getting paid to travel the world and do all the things he does. I just think we have seen it now, what more is there to do?

I also suspect he's not going to be 100% at every meet, that may have been one of countless events he'd attended that month and may have been sick of it, no matter what you get paid everyone gets sick of the job they do.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
203 Posts
FFS! I for one am glad the TV companies still put money into programs like his, it is infinitely prefferable to any kind of 'vote for me' show or anything with the word 'celebrity' in the title!!!
So what if you aren't the biggest fan of his presenting, it's still enjoyable to watch and inspiring to go do something interesting yourself too. Most of the 'haters' are more than likely a wee bit jealous that it's not them doing the adventures IMHO...
Plus, anything that depicts motorcycling in a good way on mainstream TV can only be good.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
it just seems so rushed, kind of a 'how fast can we ride across Canada and see a few sights on the way' program.
It did seem like that didn't it. They went down the river for 3 days and it was about 15 minutes worth of tv?

It doesn't seem like Russ and Charley have learnt much from the previous shows because it's basically a repeat of them. I do like these kind of shows but this one just seems like the same old crap re-hashed.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
His dad should of pulled out and splashed him up the bedroom wall.

Never trust anyone with piggy-eyes.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
468 Posts
FFS! I for one am glad the TV companies still put money into programs like his, it is infinitely prefferable to any kind of 'vote for me' show or anything with the word 'celebrity' in the title!!!
So what if you aren't the biggest fan of his presenting, it's still enjoyable to watch and inspiring to go do something interesting yourself too. Most of the 'haters' are more than likely a wee bit jealous that it's not them doing the adventures IMHO...
Plus, anything that depicts motorcycling in a good way on mainstream TV can only be good.
That's generally my view, too. So Charley seems little bit up his own a*se at times, but so what? He seems like basically a decent guy who likes to eff this and eff that quite a bit, but so would I if I was climbling a rock face or whatever and, after all, it is after the 9pm watershed! I wouldn't call it the 'same old crap'...I'd reserve that for the soaps/celebribity/talent(less) shows etc. It's light 'adventure' entainment which has to appeal to a far wider audience than sceptical, hardened 'adventure' types.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Jeez what is about this bloke that causes such vitriolic comments. He's somebody who was in the right place at the right time.

He's one of the fortunate ones who's doing something he loves and getting paid oodles for it and if there's anybody on here who says they wouldn't do the same they're bloody lying. I've met him and he seemed an alright guy.

You can't blame him for things like cutting a three day trip into 15 mins. that's the TV people. If you don't like the programmes hit the off button and stop bitching.

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
Jeez what is about this bloke that causes such vitriolic comments. He's somebody who was in the right place at the right time.

He's one of the fortunate ones who's doing something he loves and getting paid oodles for it and if there's anybody on here who says they wouldn't do the same they're bloody lying. I've met him and he seemed an alright guy.

You can't blame him for things like cutting a three day trip into 15 mins. that's the TV people. If you don't like the programmes hit the off button and stop bitching.
Well said young man - Oops, I meant nice one old fellah! :thumbup:

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts

I wouldn't mind a job in the support team.....bound to need a cab now and then...and a real one would look just right.

I'd refuse on principle, obviously....That's if I could think of one....:grin::hitler:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
The argument that this kind of show is preferable to big brother/x-factor etc doesn't hold much weight, having my eyes guaged out with a rusty corned beef can is preferable to those shows.

Whats it going to be next, he crosses the Arctic? With Russ Malkin in tow? Maybe Australia?... it's the same old sh!te re-hashed, but i don't blame him for doing it because i would too for the money.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I like the programs ha does ,but wish he would slow down a bit and lets us see more of the trip .

Some soap in the mouth every hundreth swear word would'nt go amiss , he just needs to show a bit of respect for other people and the older folks just might watch it too

1 - 20 of 59 Posts