Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a wee note to anyone local to Belfast, Charlie is doing a talk and book signing in the new Costwolds stove at Boucher Crescent on the Boucher Road between 10:30am and 2:00pm, Saturday 16th September. He's going to be talking about Long Way Round and Race to Dakar.

Also Costwolds will be giving 20% off everthing that day as well, so if anyone need camping/walking/climbing gear Saturday's the time to get it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to let you know you guy missed out on meeting a really nice guy. Eugen1, my brothers, Africa Tipple and a few friends went to see him. He was so down to earth adn jsut stood round talking to us about the trips and bikes. I told him he should have used an africa twin. Got a copy of his new book Race to Dakar and he signed it and i got my Long Way Round book signed. He said the Dakar series will be released on Sky 2 shortly and then the DVD out in time for Christmas. He also said he'll be using a BMW again for Long Way Down as they now give him cars so he has to use their bikes. Got my picture taken for the news paper. the picture was Charlie talking to Eugen, Africa Tipple and me so i told the newspaper that we were all from this site!

Great to meet you Johnny (Africa Tipple). We'll get out on a ride soon.

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
met him and Nick Plumb at the bmf this year - both down to earth nice blokes - was surprised how short they both were :shock: (seeing as they rode Dakar bikes - respect :notworthy:

·
Registered
282 Posts
charlie

Yo Simon whats with the goatie beard.... Charlies got one too. Do we all have to have one to be in your gang :lol: :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he's copying me as i had it first. think he looks more like my avatar than i do!

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Well done Simon.
Great bloke and well done for mentioning the site!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Re: charlie

Phoenix said:
Yo Simon whats with the goatie beard.... Charlies got one too. Do we all have to have one to be in your gang :lol: :lol:
Probably won't talk to us mere mortals anymore Phoenix, now he's best mates with a super star :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

ChrisH said:
Phoenix said:
Probably won't talk to us mere mortals anymore Phoenix, now he's best mates with a super star :wink:
You're the one who knows Gerald from Mondo Enduro :notworthy:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
So you have Gimli the dwarf as your avatar and yet you are so long and thin you look more like an arrow from the bow of Legolas.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whealie said:
So you have Gimli the dwarf as your avatar and yet you are so long and thin you look more like an arrow from the bow of Legolas.
Thanks!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts

Simon said:
He's just a BR ticket inspector(or was....) - not a movie star :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

ChrisH said:
Simon said:
He's just a BR ticket inspector(or was....) - not a movie star :wink:
Yeh, but he did the round the world thing properly without any support. Charlie didn't have to sell his house to do it! But then Charlie has attemped the Dakar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts