Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Looking for some advice
I am considering buying an 07A in Germany however the chassis number appears strange so looking for advice if it’s something others have come across
Starts perfectly with JH2RD07A but before the 2 letters there is a number added but not in the same stamped font as the other numbers. It appears on the frame plate the headstock and also the logbook shows the number included pre letter prefix
Is this normal
Would welcome options prior to purchase
Regards
Dave

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
492 Posts
I take it you're referring to the stamped digits after the initial JH2RD07A? On my '02 bike they start off with a single number, then 2 letters, then 6 numbers. On my '98 bike there are 3 letters followed by 6 numbers. The font is all the same but the digits are stamped a bit up and down on the frame plate, i.e. not nice and straight. On the headstock they're stamped far straighter. Hope this helps. A photo of your rogue number in relation to the following couple of digits could help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Attached please look at the 9 it appears just scribed by hand on the plate. The headstock looks a little better.
Should I be concerned?
2A850D1F-1AD8-465B-A1F5-AFC879371D13.jpeg
DA6A414C-A0E3-444C-8B9A-FF570297F555.jpeg

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
492 Posts
The 9 on the headstock does look consistent with the other stamped digits. The 9 on the frame plate, well it's hard to tell albeit it appears to be the same style as the 9 on the headstock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts