Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Got a £40 medion HD camcorder from Lidl.
Here are the results

Loads of wind noise on the TA, works better on my slower Serow.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Looks good. Lidl had done a few camcorders over the years but I've not seen on as low as £40. Which camera is it and have you any pictures of how you attached it to the bike and helmet?

The second video does have an odd ripple effect to it though.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
tape a bit of sponge over the mic for wind.

when were they selling it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought week before last, Medion Life s47000, was advertised in the papers, but not on website.
They had Action cams for £50, but quality seemed to be less. Qualty is better straight from camera, seems to lose some by the time its on photobucket, need to try Vimeo to see if its any better.
On TA had camera attached to minitripod stuffed in jacket as a temp measure, on Serow got a pushbike camera bracket off ebay for less than a fiver.
Wierd ripple effect seems to be from vibration.
Wind noise worse on TA, must be the fairing, also travelling faster.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I bought an Oregon Action Cam and what a dissappointment my Cannon sureShot on movie mode is much better. Oregon had wavey picture and non existant sound. My son now uses it for off roading with his 4x4 mates and due to relativly low speed and better mounting is a bit better but still not very good. Yours looks fine especially for the price but I guess for really good results it has to be single bullet cam and an Archios or similar. Brilliant tool for mountain riding etc and when helmet mounted you can really take in the scenery unlike the many on bike laps of the TT.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Bought week before last, Medion Life s47000, was advertised in the papers, but not on website.
I saw this yesterday but it was £59 and not £39. :( Can you answer a question regarding the charger? Does is charge through the USB socket or is there another socket that the mains charger plugs into? I can't see from the photos.

If not will it also charge through the USB when connected to the pc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts