Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been in contact with Alex at heavy duties in Romania since September, about the possibility of creating a one off pannier rack for my RD03 (hepco & becker are a whopping 250 quid and no other racks are readily available). Since the snow has cleared up a bit over there Alex has got his hands on a RD03 to use a model for my rack. He has just sent me some pictures of the unfinished rack. I have attached these. The rack is going for powdercoating later today.

I have noticed the rear brace sits outside the mudguard, i have spoken with Alex and he is going to move this behind the mudguard so it is not on show.

The racks are symmetrical and are made from 17mm tubular steel. The hoops are exactly the same size as the ones used by touratech, so existing box's can be swapped over etc.

And the price, 60 euros plus postage! (Around 90 euros all inclusive).

Heavy Duties Adventure Luggage And Protection

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I'd be interested if no more than 90 Euro's delivered:thumbleft:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
interested :) ( ok my 03 has the 04 butt but still interested :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm interested; have thought about something like this several times.

Just wondering, would there be any advantage in having the rear hoop on the outside so as to give a bit of rear end protection? I say this as my girlfriend reversed into the bike today!

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested; have thought about something like this several times.

Just wondering, would there be any advantage in having the rear hoop on the outside so as to give a bit of rear end protection? I say this as my girlfriend reversed into the bike today!
No idea, possibly but it would probably just knock your bike over anyway!

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Im not sure, i dont have a rd04 to line that rack up with but im sure if i asked he could make one for the RD04."

Anyone else answer this one? If not perhaps there are other RD04 owners who need frames and don't fancy the H&B option - personally cant see why anyone would want to pay that price if something that's robust, fits & is basically a very similar design is available at less than half the price- I'm sure it would be worth Heavy Duties investment in measuring up for the RD04 as well as the RD03.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hiya!

at 90 euros delivered - I'd be interested too! :D

:sunny:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Anyone know if this could be adapted to an RD07a - or can you a) please ask him or b) please send me his email address and I'll email him.
Thanks

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi,

Racks are available for all models of africa twin. Please PM me if you are interested with the model of your bike, RD03, RD04 or RD07. I have just spoken to Alex and RD03 racks are available now, RD04 racks he can create in 2 weeks and RD07 racks just after that.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Updated the first post with a list of names and bike model. Anyone else wanting a rack PM me. I'l leave it until saturday then start getting it sorted.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts