Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching for original hanguards but refuse to pay 80 quid plus delivery for two pieces of moulded plastic. Came across these...v....v...cheap actually got them for 1.80 euro, Ill feedback when they arrive

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have you got the link, worth a punt at that priceCheersJake

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are on a site called Joom, you have to search for them, all the links on the site are dynamic as the pricing is dynamic. Just search motorcycle handguards. They take a few weeks to arrive as coming from china on the slow boat

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks Barry, I too have a set on the slow boat, albeit I paid the whole £2

Cheers

Jake

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Barry, no not yet but I bought some other shite from the site, and it’s arriving in different packages and different days! Hopefully they’ll breeze in soon!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine have arrived and are going to need a bit of engineering to fix to the bike, but look ok for the price. They aint no barkbuster but as wind deflectors they will be fine

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got mine yesterday, but my bike is down at my mates while I work on his car, I thought they were a bit small looking, but couldn’t compare them, for 2quid I can’t complain!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
What is pictured in the original post are not handguards but windguards. If the bike is dropped, those won't protect your hands or levers. If you hit branches, you will get no protection. ;-)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That's the first time I've ever heard them called windguards!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Because that is all they do.

These are handguards. You can see the aluminum structure that will protect your hands and levers.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Tell you what, why don't we all start renaming well known items just for the sake of it ffs!

Oh well. Do what you want. And good luck protecting your hands and levers with 1970's plastic shells. ;-)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
They've done fine over the last 20 years and 150 odd thousand miles!

Sure. But they done fine at what? Protecting you against the wind? Sure. Protecting the levers? Surely not. They were not designed for that. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Sure. But they done fine at what? Protecting you against the wind? Sure. Protecting the levers? Surely not. They were not designed for that.

Ffs, it's a handguard. Call it what you will, no-one suggested or implied they would protect levers or whatever in a spill!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts