Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several types starting from around a tenner on fleabay, double mounted too! Also some single pony mountes starting around 18 quid.

Anyone fitted a pair on their bike? I know they are often lacking in the weather protection side, but I can soon sort that as I used to do on my trailies 2 years ago... a wee spoiler cut from plastic spray cans!! :) I know that TT, SW and Barkbusters are better quality units, but in this instance, all I really want is weather protection and the branded sets are 6-7 times the price.!

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I take it, this is in readiness for the new acquisition. ...
I had some cheapies fitted to the Transrat. They seemed decent quality for the price, needed a little modification to fit but overall they were good enough for what I wanted/needed.
Weather protection was crap so I cut down some old Alp handguards & mounted them over the top.

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes indeed, several bits are going to be winging there way towards Shropshire this week in readiness :)

At a tenner, I doubt the guards will be brilliant, but as you say, they are easily modded and better protection obtained.

·
mud muppet
162 Posts
ive got some cheapies fitted to my xr125 and they are perfect apart from the wind coming in the little holes when its cold but that can eisily be fixed with a little plastic the only down side that i have is they are socalled made to fit my bike but i cant get the second mounts to fit in place so they are just zip strapped to my bars and the lugs that they give you to fit your bars they dont fit what so ever haha had to use them wall bolts that squash

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have some with a simple bent alu spine, they cost around £15 IIRC. I chopped the original AT handguards and added an extra bit of extension for more protection.
The bar end plugs that came with it needed modifying to fit, but now they are more than strong enough (I can attest after many falls off road in Morocco!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts