Honda XRV Forum banner

Checking the (Pair) system

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fatowl 
#1 ·
As I'm doing my first 8,000 mile service over Christmas, I've noticed that the last item on the maintenance schedule, (supplied by this esteemed website) is to check the pulse secondary air injection (PAIR) system.
The obvious question is, how the *%$* do you check the pulse secondary air injection system ?.

#2 ·
RainMan said:
As I'm doing my first 8,000 mile service over Christmas, I've noticed that the last item on the maintenance schedule, (supplied by this esteemed website) is to check the pulse secondary air injection (PAIR) system.
The obvious question is, how the *%$* do you check the pulse secondary air injection system ?.
I think its a case of cheking the vacuum hose connections. Mr Haynes has something to say about it but I am at work and Mr Haynes lives in my garage, but don't think there is much more than that.

I have however done 30K on my bike and never done anything more than check the hoses. I also know of a couple on here who have removed the PAIR system (amongst other mods) with no apparent ill effects. It is only an anti-pollution thing. (I say only but don't mean only if you know what I mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.