Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Im supprised this topic has not been covered prior to this so im sorry if it has.....(i tried a search)

Im considering having an alarm fitted to me 2007 Transalp. I've no idea where to start, should i get one / should i waste my cash / are they worth it ?

Any advice would help, (are datatool best)

Do i only need a alarm cos i got the standard HISS ?
Or replace the whole ignition including the HISS ?

As you can tell im at a dead end...can i have your thoughts please?

Ta muchly........

Cheers

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
:confused: Im supprised this topic has not been covered prior to this so im sorry if it has.....(i tried a search)

Im considering having an alarm fitted to me 2007 Transalp. I've no idea where to start, should i get one / should i waste my cash / are they worth it ?

Any advice would help, (are datatool best)

Do i only need a alarm cos i got the standard HISS ?
Or replace the whole ignition including the HISS ?

As you can tell im at a dead end...can i have your thoughts please?

Ta muchly........

Cheers
I personally wouldn't bother wasting the money thery're a pain when they get old, they don't stop it getting nicked most of the time nobody even looks when a siren goes off, just assume it hasn't been armed properly. Years ago i had a bandit and the wind alone would set that off then there's rain and water getting on the electrics which activated the immobiliser, while riding( it was a datatool alarm). If your worried about getting it pinched wire a hidden switch into the ignition system. Stick with the factory fit kit it's designed to work with that specific model as are the ultrasonics ets forget any retrofit rubbish. But thats only my personal opinion

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers Jason, im kinda expecting a mixed response.
I ALWAYS slap on my Oxford Monster disc lock, but i feel as tho i need more !
Im doing some touring 2up and staying in some areas where the bike will be parked on public roads away from the hostels etc...im just scared it'll go and spoil the rest of the holiday.

·
Registered
44 Posts

An angry PIT BULL is the best ! :D
Personally I'd suggest you a mechanic one such as a strong chain so you can tie two bikes together or yours with a post, I don't believe much in electronic alarms.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I knew someone who was so fed up with his car being stolen, he connected a spark plug to the fuel tank on a hidden switch, he said if they want my car it will take them where they deserve to go.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew someone who was so fed up with his car being stolen, he connected a spark plug to the fuel tank on a hidden switch, he said if they want my car it will take them where they deserve to go.

:laughing8: yeah like the sound of that........
Although forgetting to remove a disc lock is embaressing mistake, just imagine....'oops forgot the switch'.......lol....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts