Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again folks - when we've got to start wracking our brains for ideas for the kids, loved ones, better halfs, second cousin twice removed by marriage !!!!

So use this thread to post up stuff youve got that you liked, share your ideas, post links to cool stuff - anything that will help the great xrv massive get through this neceaasry hell and come out the other side sane, solvent, and with family and friends thinking we've spent sooooo much time obviously thinking of personalised original ideas :D :D :D

Stormforce and Annette - hmmmm one of you guys will have to agree not to look ...

... and F1etch .... please dont post on this thread for 20 minutes after taking your medication :D :D :D

L

·
0 Posts
Sorry but never believed in xmas, it's simply either a religious holiday or an excuse for the shops to sell us more crap.

But simply put if you are religious or use xmas as a reason to celebrate then please don;t let me stop ya ;)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sorry but never believed in xmas, it's simply either a religious holiday or an excuse for the shops to sell us more crap.
Get with the program Scrooge! You just need some Santa in your life :D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Hmmmm yes.
A couple of months ago I had loads of ideas for Mrs S.
For some reason my mind is now totally blank and I have no idea what to get her.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Hmmmm yes.
A couple of months ago I had loads of ideas for Mrs S.
For some reason my mind is now totally blank and I have no idea what to get her.
Don't follow's Jason's example, I am sure she wouldn't want a cordless drill or a compressor.

That's what I got last year :rolleyes:

IPOD, really nice smellys, some nice PJ's I love PJ's you can never have too many and fluffy slippers.

Either that or you could try HERE for some other ideas

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
This should pretty much cover it.................

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
... and F1etch .... please dont post on this thread for 20 minutes after taking your medication :D :D :D
Why me... Why you picking on me dude... I only want my own delux version inflatable Zoe... ! (Delux, the one with real Toe Nails and Teeth...)

Failing that, a new remote control Helicopter... :) (I work in a humassive open plan office, gotta be fun aint it :rolleyes: I'll aim for the H&S people.. Hehehe... )

Oh... If me mums reading... Some New Very Nice Rukka winter gloves please... :) (No u can't knit them yourself..!)

S

·
0 Posts
Bit with Kymmy on this one (but not quite) Love Christmas, every bit of it except the commercial crap, so we in the squirrel house make all our own pressies:D Tell you what a jar of home made spicey tomato relish, individually wrapped home made toffees in a box the Grand kids designed and a one off card goes down a lot better with Gramma than a M&S voucher or some soap on a rope from Avon:D
As for me, all I want is good company, plenty of great food, some fine wine and a quiet corner to snooze it all off;)

L

·
0 Posts
As for me, all I want is good company, plenty of great food, some fine wine and a quiet corner to snooze it all off;)
Sounds good, but to me that's something I try to strive for at least once a week :)

Now birthdays to me are special days, it's something personal to each and every person and there's nothing better than enjoying with family/friends and celebrating life :) Boxing day is one of those days as it's my mother's birthday.

I got called a scrooge for not wanting to do xmas, but every xmas the only thing on my mind is the memory of slowly watching my father dying of cancer and going into hospital xmas night never to return :cry:

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
hate Christmas, birthdays and all the other total @#~*%, firstly its lost all meaning and is about big companies screwing more money for more plastic crap out of people that they never need or want, talk about a pointless and brain dead exercise!!

as for christmas time well thankfully i have managed to ignore it so far and see no reason to change, only up shot is all the lazy wingers in the shops are slacking off so its hard to get any work done... ban it i say bring back flogging and then this country wouldn't be the disneyland it now is. (and no i'm not taking the piss):cool:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
.....Tell you what a jar of home made spicey tomato relish, individually wrapped home made toffees in a box the Grand kids designed and a one off card goes down a lot better with Gramma ....
The alpslappers are with you on that one - we make our own cards every year, and theres always a pic of the girls in a little corner of said card - it's funny looking at how theyve changed over the years when you put the cards out consecutively - we've 10 so far, with Niamh on her own for the first 3 - there's curently a biscuit tin full of leaves, fern, fluff, feathers, and other weird stuff the girls are collecting on the daily dog walk that'll be used to make the cards.

They also make bookmarks every year to enclose with the pressies.

I think it's just so lovely to get a small oddity that's obviously been hand made, with a little bit of thought and effort gone into it.

Having said that - I do quite fancy one of F1etch's remote control helicopters :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts