Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,

Do any of you have classic bike Insurance? I am looking for recommendations of providers please! Tried Bennets but only offering 3rd party. Going to try Footman James on the phone tomorrow.

It's for a 1970 Honda 350SL Scrambler - same age as me and just as pristine!!!!:p:p:p

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have used Footman James in recent years, have the HD Ultra, Honda VT500s and some older stuff with them, as with many providers it is expensive to make midterm changes £20+, never made a claim.
Peter James I think is the James in FJ did not do 90's bikes when I enquired.
Used Carole Nash years ago no problems. Both CN and FJ have changed hands in recent years and are now part of big companies.
I notice EBike do classic policy, I use them for moderns but they do not like the HD Ultra, which FJ were happy with! and I think it is a single bike classic policy whilst their moderns will do 4 bikes.
Most classic bike policies like/require membership of a club eg VMCC or owners club do not know if internet base organisations like xrv count, try.

·
Stone Crazy
5,302 Posts
I am pretty sure Peter James is nothing to do with FJ , he comes from the birmingham area

Sent from my San Francisco II using Tapatalk 2

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Both of my ATs are with Carol Nash and I have agreed value cover

£220 for both

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
I'm with Carole Nash for the 1st time this year, all 3 bikes are covered under their "modern & classic" policy (allow up to 5 bikes, 10yrs & older), good service & seemingly good value cover.

Phil

·
Insurance Advisor
177 Posts
Chaps,

Do any of you have classic bike Insurance? I am looking for recommendations of providers please! Tried Bennets but only offering 3rd party. Going to try Footman James on the phone tomorrow.

It's for a 1970 Honda 350SL Scrambler - same age as me and just as pristine!!!!:p:p:p
Bikesure offers classic insurance at competitive prices, and you do get discounts for being a forum member.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to arrange a call back.

Barry

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Chaps,

I am intrigued by Bennetts' response as they said recently they were really pushing classic cover
http://the-zebra.com/bennetts-covers-classic-bikes-from-1900/

When I get back to my office I'm going to ask them about this third-party only nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bikesure offers classic insurance at competitive prices, and you do get discounts for being a forum member.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to arrange a call back.

Barry
I'm looking to insure an '89 RD03 currently on a Polish plate to ride in the UK until I can get it registered.
Can you quote me? 07831 712264.
Thanks,
Dan.

·
Insurance Advisor
177 Posts
I'm looking to insure an '89 RD03 currently on a Polish plate to ride in the UK until I can get it registered.
Can you quote me? 07831 712264.
Thanks,
Dan.
Hi Dan,

Just tried to call but you were unable to take the phone call

Can you PM me a time to call and I'll happily oblige

1 - 10 of 10 Posts