Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Here's mine,i've had it since 97' (94 bike),7k miles which have all been dry! View attachment 81489
the green is lovely on it .is it a standard colour I don't ever recall seeing one . 2 plugs per cylinder aren't they ? I rode a friends 1100 years ago I had a 81 kz 1100 shaft at the time and the zephyr was very much like the older bike to ride only nicer still sounded like a big air cooled 4 should . I got great service out of the kz I had it for years I usually rode it like I was high and drunk and I had just robbed a bank :D it didn't mind at all I showed a few lads with sports bikes the way home on plenty too :thumbup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yep the bike is 100% original and the green is right,it has 2 plugs per cylinder but to be honest i've never taken one out so they are original too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi..I just found this thread. I own a Honda CB750F2N too! Mine has a quite interesting story. I was at the Cosford air show a couple of years ago and saw this retro Honda draw up. I had never seen one before and wondered what it was.. Was it Honda getting in on the latest retro craze and their version of the Hinckley Bonneville? It was only when I got closer and saw the reg I saw it was only twenty years old!

When I got home I started Googling to find out what it was and when they were made as I'm pretty sure I had never seen one before.. I found a chap that had one listed on his web site alongside his boat, motorhome, cars etc listed with his hobbies etc. I left some feedback on his site asking what the bike was like and did he still own it..

When he got back to me he explained that yes he still owned the bike however he had bought it new, used it for a year done 6,000 miles on it and and then emigrated to the USA. It was in storage at his sisters in Stoke and had been for the last 20 odd years!!.. If I was interested in purchasing it I could take a look..

To be honest it was never my intention to purchase one of these however this sounded really interesting. On seeing the bike for the first time it was a bit dusty however had been dry stored but not started since being put away.. The engine was not seized fortunately.

Well we did a deal and I hired a van to bring the bike back home.. Did all the sensible stuff and this is what happened next....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IDRdGT5Plk

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
2 Posts
After getting it going I replaced all the brake rubber components, fluids, new battery, spark plugs and tyres and it passed the MOT first time!

Actually really enjoy riding it..It does everything I want for a leisurely ride and is comfortable and cheap to run..Like the original poster I really like the CB1100 retro but cannot justify the cost and you have to ask yourself what exactly are you getting for the extra money.

A real bonus of the bike is that it has a self adjusting cam chain and also hydraulic self adjusting tappets (Why do Honda not do that with current models) so basically maintenance is oil and filter, air filter and plugs..

IMG_20140917_165612313.jpg

21 - 29 of 29 Posts