Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a sure fire way to clean all the bugs and other crap off a screen? As I have a new screen for the Tiger I thought I may as well clean up the old one and sell it on Ebay. Trouble is it has lain in the shed for months and I can not seem to get it really clean. I have washed it with hot soapy water, rubbed it with neat screenwash all to no avail. :(

All sensible suggestions welcome, and, knowing this forum, non sensible as well.;)

Andy.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Soak it in Vinegar, overnight to loosen the dried on muck.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
If you know someone with a high speed polishing mop, used a dab of Farecla G3 cutting compound and run the mop over the screen and then repeat using Farecla G10 fine grade........Jobs a good 'un

Or if ya passing :rolleyes: I'll do it for you:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Best trick is the same for helmets - soak a cotton cloth in soapy water and leave on the screen overnight, all should be good in the morning - saves removing it to soak in water. You can use a degreaser like mucoff to assist but any soap will do.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Learn my my early mistake, don't remove sticky residue under running water with an abrasive pad, it shifted the residue, but it was only when I turned the tap off that I noticed the scratching:confused:. Spent the next hour scrubbing the rest of the screen to have the same effect all over (didn't look too bad in the end, and was a second screen):bom:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts