Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After covering my winter bike with a coating of ACF 50 to keep the crud off, I was wondering what cleaning products would be the best to get the winter muck and grime off.
Its time to clean and service the bike now that winter appears to be over.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
take you time until the end of April to wash it your time enough . I wont even be bringing out the bike until then when hopefully it starts to warm up . :clown: you haven't a hope in hell of getting acf 50 off just wash the dirt off the top with car shampoo if you have a whole range of toiletries for bikes or fairy liquid if you don't . they say its hard on the paint job though . a bottle of car shampoo lasts for years even washing the ninky nonk I am nearly out of it myself now . I would only wash off the dirt and leave it there to do its job . I find kerosene great to clean off the gear oil or motor oil I use on the drive chain . its my first time ever using acf50 this year and the bike hasn't even really got dirty . I haven't been bothered riding at all this winter it was way too cold for me I nearly froze to death in December and some time after Christmas I went for another run of a nice dry day my ass nearly got froze off me on a 20 mile run so I said that's enough for me . its too cold to even be out in the shed doing anything these days . I got a right sticky head cold and down into my lungs that lasted over a month it really took it out of me left me feeling half dead and bought on an attack of the nerves there's a lot of it about my mother said :pale: I cant wait to get going again I will like this lot only on a bike https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8dAnlD51o

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take you time until the end of April to wash it your time enough . I wont even be bringing out the bike until then when hopefully it starts to warm up . :clown: you haven't a hope in hell of getting acf 50 off just wash the dirt off the top with car shampoo if you have a whole range of toiletries for bikes or fairy liquid if you don't . they say its hard on the paint job though . a bottle of car shampoo lasts for years even washing the ninky nonk I am nearly out of it myself now . I would only wash off the dirt and leave it there to do its job . I find kerosene great to clean off the gear oil or motor oil I use on the drive chain . its my first time ever using acf50 this year and the bike hasn't even really got dirty . I haven't been bothered riding at all this winter it was way too cold for me I nearly froze to death in December and some time after Christmas I went for another run of a nice dry day my ass nearly got froze off me on a 20 mile run so I said that's enough for me . its too cold to even be out in the shed doing anything these days . I got a right sticky head cold and down into my lungs that lasted over a month it really took it out of me left me feeling half dead and bought on an attack of the nerves there's a lot of it about my mother said :pale: I cant wait to get going again I will like this lot only on a bike https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8dAnlD51o
Thanks for the video . it made me smile after a long day out on the CX in the sunshine..
I dont plan to wash it off right now.;)
I gave the bike a good look over and the ACF 50 seems to have done its job.:thumbup:
Ten minutes with the autosol to investigate little rust spots I noticed and all was fine.
That video shows how the sheep in the field at the bottom of my garden were acting today when the sun came out.:D:D:D
Its probably going to snow between now and easter so i wont wash the bike just yet.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts