Honda XRV Forum banner

Cleaning the bike - why bother !!!!!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chad 
#1 ·
So it's glorious sunshine for the last 2 days, its the weekend, and I have to go to work. :(

The bike is visible from my office window, and its FILTHY !! The sun is not so much glinting off it as being absorbed into the layers of kack covering it.

I resolve to clean it so I can make myself feel Ive at least done SOMETHING with the bike this weekend other that just go to work on it.

It's covered in kack coz I lathered it at the start of the winter with acf50 and havent touched it since.

So I spend 2 hours cleaning it. And it's glinting. Glinting in all the glorious sunshine.

.... and Im wondering why the heck I bothered :confused: Coz now every little mark is going to show up, make it look dirty again, take the sheen off it.

And it also occured to me that the layers of kack and goo I took off were probably providing a nice protective layer against rust and the elements along with making the bike look 'hard' :D

So why do we bother ??? :confused:

Oh noooooooo, IVe just seen a bit I missed - where'd I put the wd40???

See less See more
#3 ·
I like mine to GLEAM :cool: . Hate to have a dirty bike (or any vehicle).

I was stuck at home today , waiting for the 24 hrs locksmith with the 1 hour response time , to turn up - AND HE FEECKING WELL DIDN'T !!!

So I spent all day guarding the house that we can't lock, buffing and polishing !! pure therapy !!

And now I have to take tomorrow aff work to wait for the 24 hrs locksmith with the 1 hr response time to come -36 hours LATER !!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.