Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,i find myself still looking for the elusive AT.. I have come close but distance and time constraints have all worked against me ..Something i have noticed though it may be nothing but i wanted to ask the more knowledgable on this forum ..I remember from my youth that if the numbers on the speedo were'nt alligned there was a good chance they had been tampered with i know everything is now digital but i have noticed a few bikes with low mileage and clocks with less than level numbers and i cant help but be put off because of this.(i live in a place where it is really hard if not impossible to prove mileage (no records )any help in confirming or debunking this would help thanks..

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
In general, the numbers should be in line, they sometimes go a bit skew if it,s approaching or just after they change, ie 29885, the 9 may start to move a bit.

With any form of lack of history, I guess, buy on condition - look at the usual contact points when riding a bike.
I reckon quite a few bikes get clocked, wether they have 'history' or not. You never really know

Interestingly, I bought a bike from a dealer in Kent a few years ago, he had a really tidy Yam 660 that had done over 50k (but didn't look it), the bike was sold and going to Poland, where he strongly suspected it would have a bit of a 'trim' and be sold as a nice low miler.
There was a strong demand for tidy, high mileage bikes to ship to Poland by all accounts!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i took a leap of faith on a 98 AT 56,000 kms braided brake lines givi box really comfy looking cassell seat everything looks like new little paint wear on the l/h/s of the frame but other than that looks good to go just waiting to hear back from the owner ....So i am hoping the hunt is over

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lots of those bikes and cars used to end up in Ireland too, at least with the MOT history check you have some chance of finding out the real mileage, if you have the old UK reg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts