Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I span over from Galway to Dublin today to have a gander at lids. I was outside one shop drooloing over a customers KTM NineFiddy supermoto, my dream road bike (after the Marine Turbine Y2K that is), when I copped a tidy black and silver '03 KTM NineFiddy Adventure for sale. Had a bit of a drool over that too but wasn't really minding thinking it'd be about 9.5k euros or thereabouts.

Went inside and looked at the lids but nothing interesting, so on the way out just happened to ask how much the Adventure is, and got a reply of 7,400 euros. When I picked myself up off the ground and snapped my jaw back into place I said right I'm having that as they'd do a p/x on the AT.

Txted some mates to say you're not gonna believe this bargain, Galway reg and all, and one replied back saying be wary of a black and silver ktm ! Apparently there was one that had been traded in for a new BMW after a bodge type repair job done on the motor, the flywheel had fallen off apparently (?????!!!!????). I asked the shop the history and they said they'd gotten it from a BMW dealer so that was enough, I hightailed it outta there. They didn't know any of this and are pulling it apart on Tuesday to check, but there's only so many NineFiddy's on this island and it can only be the same one.

Hmmm, I guess it was a lucky escape but on the other hand, what a bargain that woulda been :roll:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Keep in touch with the dealer... just in case the bike's fine after all!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they're pulling it apart on Tuesday so I'll ring back that eve to see what they've found. The owner really knows his bikes and has been riding it around himself since they took it in but never noticed anything amiss.

I love my AT but the extra power of the NineFiddy is what is luring me, the not-as-bulletproofness is what is scaring me. Oh why can't Honda come up with a new AT :x

·
Registered
832 Posts
cbrpaddy said:
I love my AT but the extra power of the NineFiddy is what is luring me
You just want something that you can get an even bigger tent on Paddy - own up now :wink: Be great if it works out for you - here's hoping!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts