Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for motorcycle clothing shops in and around Birmingham/Wolverhampton area? Looking for somewhere to browse and try on gloves, boots, etc.

Googling throws up J&S in Deritend, and Bikers World in Coleshill. Anyone used either store? Any good?

Iain

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've bought bits and pieces off both stores over the years - both are ok.
Theres also a small store on Newtown Row in Birmingham - unfortunately I cannot remember the name, but they had some excellent gear also.
I bought some Alpinestar Toucan boots there and a new visor and they were open to a bit of haggling on the price.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I used to go to Silver Machine bikes in Wolvo, good guys but that was 20-odd years ago so not sure if they're still there.

Don't do what I did yesterday though - browse a loverly warm shop and then try on winter gloves... Me hands were big and hot inside the shop, and the 'L' seemed too tight so I bought 'XL'. Then I was outside today, in the cold, and they felt as loose as bloody bin-bags!

;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Don't know either of the stores you mention Ian, I go up to J & S near Chester ;-) There is a clothes place near Cannock that has a lot of gear, not cheap I thought when I was looking for off road
trousers a few weeks ago. I ended up getting some from ET James in Rhayader, cheaper than internet too!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
probably too far but I have used these guys for a number of years and find the good value for money:

Motorcycle Clothing - FREE UK DELIVERY

bought a set of leathers recently and they are really comfy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts