Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some people have no idea do they?

I had the manager of one of the other boatyards in the area on the phone the other day spitting fire & declaring that he is going to take us to court & sue us for avery penny we've got bacause we've been "pinching his clients". apparently he had a couple of boats round his that had work planned for him to do but just before the canal closed for the winter they upped anchors & left, going to one of our other ports for the winter & having the work done there.

I replied that that seemed to me remarkably like "business" or "free market economy" or "client choice" & that i reckon the client is still free to change his mind & go somewhere with staff actually capable of doing the work required to an acceptable standard.

this obviously calmed him down... NOOOOOT! :p

I can't believe he actually phoned me up to threaten us with legal action on the grounds that some of his clients preferred to come to us rather than stay in his yard :joker:

still, they do say there's one born every minute

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
There are some right Pillocks ,as there was noo contract the guy was just blowing smoke, does he smoke
Gunnja? :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
That fool should crawl back into his hermetically sealed box and close the lid for a week or so. That should calm him down.....There's still no cure for bad temper/manners, unfortunately. Just let him get on with poisoning his own ****ty little life and have a laugh at his expense! "To see oorsels as ithers see us"

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
French? that would explain a lot, some would just let it flow, some go ape over nothing,
we had a case like that with a big shellfish dealer client that closed down once , He gave us the name of some of his customers so we could deal direct, one turned out to be a very good customer, It was a good thing it kept us going as his closing down lost us a bit of trade,

3 years lateer he opens up again we got wind of it, phoned him to see if he wanted to start trading again to be met with a rant about stealing his customers and he would not piss on us if we where on fire etc etc , even when we reminded him he gave us their info it made no difference

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I replied that that seemed to me remarkably like "business" or "free market economy" or "client choice" & that i reckon the client is still free to change his mind & go somewhere with staff actually capable of doing the work required to an acceptable standard.

this obviously calmed him down... NOOOOOT! :p
You really do have the magic touch there Moon. You sure you are not a UKIP MEP or something??? :D

You do realise he will never buy British Beef again...... ;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
ooohh they never would have, half the frogs are convinced we've all got mad cow desease anyway (my wife says that that's only the half that have met me...) :thumbright:
:D

And with luck and a following wind, you can rub salt in when the English rugby team beat France at Twickenham in the 6 Nations !! :)

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now I won't hear anything said about the rugby!

I should be for one side or 'tother but, early on in my life in France, I was taken (by some locals) to see France vs England at the parc des princes, (1994 I think) I must have been the only white shirt in that half of the stadium & though "les anglais" won, I never felt the slightest animosity or came under fire from anything other than some light hearted ribbing about england being a 1 man team (Andrew- 5 penalties & 1 drop to beat france 18-14 if I remember right). The french rugby fans are very "fairplay" & I won't forget it.

I wonder if the same would be true at a football match...?:clown:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
UI go to watch Leicester Tigers pretty often and the banter and fair mindedness of the spectators is great. Real respect for the opposition, albeit you want your own side to win!

I would love to go Toulon and watch the quarter final match in the european cup! It would be great to be in 1 of the big french cities when you have an important match like that going on everyone tells me the craic is great... :)

Heck of a long way to ride from shropshire though

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Kettle's on, beer's in fridge if you want a pause half way...:thumbup:
Thankee kindly young Sir. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts