Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all started my xrv for the first time since i bought it after fitting some led indicators (long story ).Any how on strting the idle had been set too high so once the bike warmed up i reduced the idle spped to a respectable 1200,as i was lowering the clutch noise became louder like the chatterring of clutch plates once i had the lever in the noise stopped and was replaced with a smaller less noticeable whine like a bearing noise it did seem to quieten down towards the end so i think its ok just needs oil circulation but i think i will only be happy once i remove /inspect the clutch ..Do AT rdo7's have any clutch issues my bike has 55k's on her thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
My fireblade was the same from new, sounded like the clutch was louder than the fanny fart exhaust:toothy8:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks ..The bike has sat in the garage due to weather and paper work ,indicators ,relay for led indicators. (the post and the paper work for the bike are dreadfully slow :) .But it gives me time to do bits i reapaired the bottom of the front fairing it was cracking slightly so i sealed it ,the gear lever the folding tip is loose , i found one on ebay for 40 odd pounds so i repaired it all good now i have a new set of anakee 3 's on it so i am ready to go

·
Registered
Honda XRV 750 RD07 AFRICA TWIN 1995
81 Posts
My Rd07s has had a noise from clutch for a while now, (70,000 mls) decided to change clutch plates and release bearing, also found some information on UTube over clutch issues on AT the main drive gear mounted on clutch basket has a system which uses springs to take out the snatch when the clutch takes up drive these become weak over time and rattle! (check out utube), also found that the support bearing on main input shaft was also getting tired and had excessive play, so I've replaced this has well, this bearing has to be ordered from your local dealer its a special not available from local bearing suppliers, cost around £15 I made up a tool lock dive while I undid clutch this was a flat bar 30mm wide say a metre long and bolted to front sprocket using tapped holes for retainer plate on sprocket, put bike in gear! hope this information helps.:thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Roy i will check it out,..Been trying to start the bike once a week just to keep her lubed and the noises were lessenning? Any how seeing as the operation of the clutch was not giving me any issues other than a little draggin (how i felt it ) i started to lube the little overly stiff clutch cable (seeing as this takes no effort at all and i am in no rush i thought start at the easy bits) After continuously lubing whenever i was trying to fix the indicators (which was a lot ) things have improved a bit ,no noises at all, a free'er moving feeling clutch (from the lever)I am not 100% that i have indeed cured all problems but i wont go any further until i start to ride the bike which wont be until the new year and after the snow has gone ...I have owned the bike for a few months almost and still have only half a kilometer on her so i am hardly in a position to know whats what .I do think a rear shock and some work on the front is in order

1 - 6 of 6 Posts