Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive got a 650 alp with a problem :) how can i explain it ,,, well when i pull up at a junction in first and have the clutch half pulled in say, semi coasting ,or in traffic or at lights etc there is a clunking noise from the box or clutch as if the gear is not engaged propely , it only happenes when im slipping the cluch as im coasting , as soon as i let it out and there is pulling pressure on the output shaft its fine , its the same in all gears ive tried it , ive had a new chain and sprockets , tensioned it correctly , the shaft is not overly worn as some do ,rubber guides are fine ,its quite a loud orrible clunking too , ,, Any ideas ??

·
Registered
890 Posts
I can't help - sorry mate. It does sound very similar to my mates clutch noise that we're having trouble sorting. He's waiting for a new thrust bearing, oil pump chain & assoc bits as we speak to help eliminate anything it could be.

If you do come up with a soloution, please give us a shout.

TA! Shel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok mate well ive ordered a selector drum arm spring and the gear selector hook springs , ill have to open the engine up anyway and have a gander , be easier to see if the selector mechanism is workin ok anyway , ill let you know if i find a fix for it , well my noise anyway :) taa

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It could be the clutch dragging.
As the clutch has not fully disengaged, you could have warped plates which snatch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts