Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok its taking years, but not too far from my finished xl250s:p, you know the score, sun is out and the itch has turned into a rash that no longer can be ignored.
Have done a full engine rebuild put it all together and she fire's up:D but the clutch does not disengage:(:(, feels fine when you pull it in, but it just wont disengage, not a happy bunny, i have striped it back down checked with the bible (the Haynes one) and all is corect. well i is well scratching my head.

So any ideas?? as i must be doing something wrong, it worked before i striped it, and it has the same plates (as not much wear) got all my washers in place so i know its not them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In addition, make sure you follow the tightening specs exactly. Most Hondas, if not most bikes, do not over tighten the spring bolts. On my TA, it is 15 lbs, not much. My clutch drags a bit. I think I will have to re-torque the spring bolts., too tight I think.

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Right lets have a look , is the cable and anyother adjuster adjusted correctly ? I figure the spring bolt question is not reatly relevant in this case, because most spring bolts are shouldered and overtightening will not make a difference to the clutch disengaging, when you stripped it again did you strip it completely? have you got the correct amount of plates in the correct order?, is there a spacer in the wrong place? if all is correct then possibly if you rebuilt it and left it for a while before using it the plates are stuck together , if you can bump start it or get it into gear somehow and ride along with clutch lever pulled in dabbing the back brake on that should free it up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts