Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch rattle is excessive it does quieten when i pull in lever but its excessive and i need to sort it !Now i am still not ready to pull it apart so i still dont know whether its just worn plates or more serious ..I was looking on you tube and i found a guy called [email protected] who can repair the worn springs which are in the hub of the clutch it seems they can loose their rigidity and cause noise and vibration ? Well it sounds like it may be my problem either way i hope to sort this out soon.Due to my location in europe i must use the post in one form or another if i want anything and if start this job and the springs are worn i will have to find a way to either repair myself or send out .Now my question does anyone here currently know or use a reliable repairer (engineer) which i could use? Or have i missed something ?,either way i would like to have as much prepared as possible befor i start this job as its now currently 26's (degrees ) most days and i am enjoying using this xrv 750 rdo7 ...So any help would be appreciated thanks .. Am i right in thinking these parts are no longer availlable from Honda cos i cant find one ?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would ride the bike while the weather is good. The thread I saw explained it was just the springs going loose so if you can source the gasket springs and the clutch centre nut thats it. It can be hard to get the clutch nut off so be warned especially if you haven't a impact driver. The guy who did the springs said the rattle came back within a few thousand miles. Good luck on your decision..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the plan to ride it until the weather changes get as many of the parts i think i may need ready then try and take my time .I will continue with the plan of plugs ,filter oil etc ,carb balance and go from there who knows it may quieten it down a touch ,thanks for the reply i appreciate the input ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unless it get worse or you think it is a major problem why worry about doing anything, both of the AT's I have owned started the clutch rattle at about 80,000 kms the one I still have has now done 110,000 km and it's still rattling and I'm still not doing anything about it. I also have 2 Cagiva elefants with the 900 ducati engine if you think the AT clutch is bad go listen to any dry clutch Ducati.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts