1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

recently i bought a nice transalp with only 40k,
the seller said that he has an issue (occasionly) to start,
I bought the bike and checked the error code with the DTC connector.
the ecu shots the 19 code (1 long and 9 short blink).
the DTC CODE LIST refears to the ckp sensor fault.
1 - do i have to replace the snsor ? (30300-MFF-D00 part) ? [consider that the harness is fine).
2- is it dangerous to ride with this fault ?
3- to replace the ckp sensor i need the right clutch cover Gasket - I CANT FIND IT ON THE WEB :(
4-the engine runs great with a lot of power no vibration , no hasitation , stalls etc...- how can you explain the symptom in this case ?

thanks for yor help !

tomer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, tomer

I had the same issue with mx TA700 ABS 2008 62000 km. I bought it with 42000 km, and sometimes failed to start after longer pause - cca one hour stop. Allways started with no problems cold as well as hot.

1 - Before to start with dismantling, measure peak voltage from the sensor during cranking. I measured on ECU connector. It must be over 0,7 V.

I didn't change the CKP sensor but checked all engine related connectors: from ECU to handlebars main connectors, kill switch opened and cleaned, do not forget ignition connector behind the front ignition coil and CKP sensor connector in the front.

So far I have no problem.

2- This is not dangerous to the engine, since if there is no signal from the CKS fuel and ignition are shut down. If the engine stop during the ride, that could be dangerous depending on the situation. But in my case that was caused once by poor contact in kill switch (engine stop switch on RH bar). It can be dissassembled and cleaned.

My friend have DTC: TPS failure (throttle position sensor), but after the cleaning of contacts Right Handlebar Connector the problem was solved.

1 - Do not trust to DTC only!

3 - There is no gasket, sealant only.

4 - once engine starts, CKP works fine and engine will run smooth - there are no influence on engine operation, only if the voltage is not enough the engine won't be start.

I hope that you will solve the problem.

Dragan

Hi all,

recently i bought a nice transalp with only 40k,
the seller said that he has an issue (occasionly) to start,
I bought the bike and checked the error code with the DTC connector.
the ecu shots the 19 code (1 long and 9 short blink).
the DTC CODE LIST refears to the ckp sensor fault.
1 - do i have to replace the snsor ? (30300-MFF-D00 part) ? [consider that the harness is fine).
2- is it dangerous to ride with this fault ?
3- to replace the ckp sensor i need the right clutch cover Gasket - I CANT FIND IT ON THE WEB :(
4-the engine runs great with a lot of power no vibration , no hasitation , stalls etc...- how can you explain the symptom in this case ?

thanks for yor help !

tomer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi dragon.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer.
I am following the problem, the test eith voltmeter supposed to be while the problem happens less than every day use, am i right?
Thank you !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably yes, since in my case this was engine temperature related (mild temp, but only occasionaly), I never got too low voltage. In workshop the engine started everytime at any temperature, cold, hot, mild. Last year or two i have not problem, after cleaning of all engine connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts