Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wait until one of those people paying his premium rate number makes a claim to the OFT for failing to provide information on how much the line costs etc before phoning it

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I had another one of these PPP things through on my mobile today so I hung on the line and told them they were calling a childs mobile which was causing the child distress. They were most apologetic and promised to remove the number. We'll see as I get the same call every week or so.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Reporters never get things right. They recommend not using premium lines this way because of consumer protection laws and
Liabilities to those that have to pay. Well, the people calling him aren't consumers so they don't get protection under consumer protection laws. They are businesses. AFAIK, there are no business protection laws.

And can you imagine if one of them did try and sue him? That would definitely be a laugh!!!!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Facts are for trainee journalists.

Us experienced journos deal in higher things.:D Never let a fact get in the way of a good story.

Reactions: Mervinh

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
TPS is a toothless tiger, I have been registered on ther for years Ex directory for 5 years and stil get plagued , got caller recognition and only answer numbers i know, anything that just says calling is left to ring , or loud music put on comp and handset put beside speaker

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah I still get loads of calls even though I'm on TPS, I just politely play along now and see how outrageous I can make the call.

The one where 3 were trying to sell me mobile internet and I told them I was scared of the pixies that lived and worked inside the computers was one of the more interesting ;)

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I convinced a guy I had 98 windows once and that was just the front also had three or four wives and lost count of how many children, had no debts and was a multi millionaire - I even offered him a job but he kept to the script so I asked him to sell a car for me - he clicked laughed and hung up - got another 10 mins after Doh!!!

The research ones get me - I tell them if they want information then this is consultancy for which I charge - no one has given me a billing address or permission to invoice yet !

I cannot believe that anyone actually buys any of this stuff.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I had someone phone up with all the script about being in the area and would I like a conservatory. I decided to let them send someone around to measure up for the top of the range offer. I live on the first floor, they were not impressed when they arrived.

Sent using Stumps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts