Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you people?

I´m in the marked for a new fuel tank, and have found two items at David Silvers I might buy. Only problem is I can´t make out wich colour they are. Have searched this site on the subject, but can´t find an exact match. Neither can I detect a system in the Honda-codes and sort it out that way.......Davis Silvers were not able to help either....

Hello

I see from your list on the internet that you have in stock two fuel tanks for the Honda xrv 750:

*XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH1E (R/S)
XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH-373M (V)

*I understand that the items are for the year 1994/95 and 1997, but unfortunately I´m unable to decifre the colour codes.
If you would be so kind as to tell me which colours they are, I can think I can make out what they look like, as I have pictures of most models.
I would also like to know the shipping price to Norway.

Thank you.

Regards

Hello

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sorry we do not have this, we work by codes.

Shipping via UPS - 36.00 GBP.

Regards
Denise

(to be honoust I´m not quite sure if it is the actual tanks or the colours they don´t have......? How do you read it?)

Anyway, the codes are as follows:
*XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH1E (R/S)
XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH-373M (V)

The first is 1994/95 and the other 1997.

I suspect that NH1E is black and NH-373M is grey metallic but not sure, and if so; whith which colours on the decals)

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way: The colour code is located under the seat, on a sticker, if you would be bothered to check your 1994, 1995 or 1997´s.....;)

·
where next?
508 Posts
Hi Coldstart. My bike is 97 registered but I think it is a 96 model.Just looked at my colour codes and it is as follows:

XRV750T
Color (sic) R-127
Code R127A

And it looks like this:

Good luck with your search.

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Coldstart,

somehow I think my AT is the same colour as yours, mainly white with red and mauve flashes. XRV750R Colour NH-138 Code NH138H.

Jim

G

·
Hi Coldstart. My bike is 97 registered but I think it is a 96 model.Just looked at my colour codes and it is as follows:

XRV750T
Color (sic) R-127
Code R127A

And it looks like this:

Good luck with your search.
Your code r-127 refers to that red primary color. It's non-metallic, isn´t it? Don't know what is the name for that color in Honda but SH colorinfo says it's SPARKLING RED.

This doesn't really help you a bit, does it? It looks to me that the colors don't match. Front fairing is white yet the tank panels and tank is red?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help, but perhaps I haven´t made myself very clear.

My bike is N 138-H, as you say XRV Jim, but I´m thinking of repainting the whole bike in some other colour, so I dont need those colours. My tank, however, is damaged, and it might be cheaper to buy a new one than to have it fixed. So the question is what theese two items look like:

XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH1E (R/S)
XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH-373M

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for your help, but perhaps I haven´t made myself very clear.

My bike is N 138-H, as you say XRV Jim, but I´m thinking of repainting the whole bike in some other colour, so I dont need those colours. My tank, however, is damaged, and it might be cheaper to buy a new one than to have it fixed. So the question is what theese two items look like:

XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH1E (R/S)
XRV750 : Fuel tank, Colour code NH-373M
This page will give you an idea of the different Honda colours:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/articles/africa_twin_colour_schemes.php

PS. Look at the bottom of the page

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been through it several times allready, but no exact matches......:confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Been through it several times allready, but no exact matches......:confused:
Then my best advise is to call David Silver again, and hope that you don't meet Denise in the other end ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts