Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right I have got my self a new bike and want to insure it I have a company car and have had a few prangs in it over the years do I need to Disclosure information about company car cause phoned up the fleet company and they want £20 to send me a letter telling me how bad my driving has been is there a central database which i can get this info on for my self

·
Varadero Explorer
237 Posts
I'm no expert but I guess that all insurance companies will always be looking for a way NOT to pay out a claim. If you did not disclose ANYTHING which may have a bearing on any insurance policy then I assume that when they find out (they always do) then your insurance would become void and invalid.
For the sake of £20 and the future hassle it could prevent I'd pay it and get the information needed from the fleet company.

With data protection rules, even if there is a central database somewhere, I doubt that you would be able to view it or even get any information from it.

I may be totally wrong here and someone who knows a lot more than me will doubtless refute everything I have just said. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I thought you only have to report any prangs in the last 5 years.
When you first get insurance they ask theses questions, answer true-fully and they will do the rest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right i have just look on carolenash and they want bike and car went on aviva and they want bike only and other don't say will have to ask and get in writing

·
Registered
145 Posts
in my experience they ask any claims or convictions in the past 5 years, i have never been asked specific for bike or car
they take accidents and claims ffrom either but only bike for bike and car for car no claims bonus - typical anything that could reduce your quote they wont use but anything that could put it up counts
insurance companies always look for a reason not to pay out as already mentioned tell the truth its best in the long run

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would give them info if i had it but the fleet company won't give me the info thats the bit that p me off with out paying for it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts