Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having only had a scooter at 16 on the road for 6 months (now 33) I'm a complete newbie to riding. Got fed up with cars and liked greenlaning when I had a Land rover disco but could not afford the running and repairs of said vehicle just for pleasure. Used to have a nice little pit bike but finding places to ride it was a nightmare and that all came to an end when it got stolen. Fast forward to now and I wanted to take my big bike test, but no experience at all so I decided to buy a 125 to travel to college once a week, do a bit of greenlaning and generally ride whereever possible to gain experience and to just not be in the car anymore.

I'm only a poor man so I brought a 2006 xr125 as all honda bikes in the family have been good and this seemed like an idea commuter/greenlaner.

I got it off a 17year old so no doubt been raged to high heaven (haven't all 125s?) It is definitely a bit ropey and in need of some tic and hopefully I can get this to a nice usable standard and if I bin/break it at least I haven't lost fortunes.

I'll stop mumbling on and hope everyone is good :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
welcome to the forum and 2 wheels and well wear with your new bike its looks a bit cooler than a standard one with that paint job nice end can and all . nothing wrong at all with small bikes I have done thousands of miles on plenty of bikes from Honda cub 50 to 250cc bikes and enjoyed them as much as any other bike going over 45 mph and not even peddling and in my life time since I got away from 2 strokes bikes have been as reliable as a hammer . and now with the internet you can find out tons of stuff the is the best forum of the lot great bunch of people very helpful:thumb: :thumbright: when you get your full licence sorted a Transalp 600 is where its at if you ask me half the price of an Africa twin and lighter . I only gave 1100 euro for mine back in 2012 and I love it to bits its my main transport I only use the family car if I really have to now unless its very frosty weather or I want to bring back fire wood or pull a trailer or what ever .

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome. As Alias said there are lots of people running smaller bikes now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I don't know what has been done but I know there is a arrow exhaust that either doesn't fit well or not been fitted well as it's melted the number plate. Got some Mitas E09's to go on so will probably end up on my are come the rain lol bar that I just want to get it operating nicely but gotta learn to look after it too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts