Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i desperately need 1 or 2 new con rods the little end is knackered on mine and cant be repaired . has anyone got one please . . i have had very little luck with this bike so far so some good news would be gratefully received
can anyone help
best regards

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
RD03, 04, or 07 ??

I'm sure Enduro Spares (on eBay) had some parts from a stripped engine a short while back. Might be worth checking/calling them

Good Luck

:thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi everyone i did not make it clear i am happy to pay for some good used con rods? can any help please.
regards

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
You might have more luck simply buying another engine, taking what you want and selling off the rest. I did and didn't lose any money.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi futter hope your well. do you know where there is one? it is doing my head in now. i had a couple of months on it and loved it . only problem was i ran out of ear plugs (ha ha)

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
No I don't I am afraid - I was lucky and one turned up when I needed it - came from Ireland via ebay. You might have to go as far afield as Germany, France, Italy etc as there are more over there than here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi i did try enduro spares the day you pointed me to them unfortunitly no luck. i may make our friend in cork an offer?
i cant get rebuilding my engine out of my head it had done 40k only.
everything else looks ok
i would just like to ride it really .
all the best and i will keep looking

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,

I've got a couple of spare rods, (c/w pistons etc.) which are in good condition - I'll photo them if you're interesed ?

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
andy that would be great thank you if you pm me with a price and location that woul be fantastic. i have first dibs on them.
very best regards
john

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi all
i got the rods from andy and they are fine . now chasing new bearings ect. i did see a guide to shell bearings can anyone advise as i cant find the guide now.
regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts