Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1455.JPG
Hi All
I am fitting a phone holder to my Dommie (1996 RD08). When I came to wire it in I found the pictured wire and connector under the seat above the battery. It has the same type of plug as my phone charger and would be an ideal plug in point if it is a switched connector. It is hard wired into the loom and the wires are green and black. I am currently away from work so I cant get my multimeter on it for a few days. Does anyone know what it is for?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Generally, green would be an earth and black a switched live. Check it first and no I don't know what it's for either

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think its for the carb heater not fitted on some models

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so I have just checked the wires with a meter and there is no power to it. Could this be a simple fix with a fuse being omitted because the carb heat isn't installed on this model? I can see there is space for two more fuses in the fuse box. Failing that I will take a switched live from the fuse box and connect the sat nav / phone holder to that.
Ben

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SORTED IT

It is a plug for the carb heat, simply replaced the fuse in the fuse box, fitted a 5amp one for the sat nav. Then had to switch the pins in the plug to match the polarity of the sat nav and hey presto an ignition switched sat nav / phone holder. ACE. Thanks everyone
Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts