Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!

Oh, and WOW!!

Always wanted to go to Connemara in the winter, I love going home to the Mournes over xmas as the mountains always look so good in the crisp cold.

Now if you could just get a Transalp infront of that wee boat (probably pushin the boat out here if your cbrpaddy for that reason) oh and excuse the pun...

·
Hill Rider
3,090 Posts
Superb pictures paddy and well done you for getting out on yer bike. Though I have to say, you seem to have less snow than we have just now.
Rode into work this morning, -10 according to the car drivers, and packed snow on the back roads :rolleyes:! All I know is that even my visor Pin Lock insert was freezing over this morning! Ended up with about 3 inches of clear visor by the time I got into town (daren't open the visor - have you ever tried to get frozen booggers off of yer chin?)
Maybe I should start using the amount of internal freezing on the insert as some sort of temperature gauage!

Again, great pictures :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
so, cbrpaddy wins the compettition for "how many desktop's can you fit into a single ride report"...

those are some corking pics man!:thumbright:
Ha! Brilliant pictures, first thing I did was to download the one of the trees reflecting in the ripple free lake with the snow covered mountains behind.
It is my current desktop and has allready drawn comments from others.

Where exactly is this please. It has to be added to my list of places to go.

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha! Brilliant pictures, first thing I did was to download the one of the trees reflecting in the ripple free lake with the snow covered mountains behind.
It is my current desktop and has allready drawn comments from others.

Where exactly is this please. It has to be added to my list of places to go.

Thanks
It's actually right alongside the main Galway-Clifden road, perhaps 10-15 miles from Clifden town itself. You can't miss it :D

Unfortunately though there are some powerlines running by the trees which aren't visible in the low-res pic, damn muppets.

·
chrisb
59 Posts
Well done Paddy, go raibh maith agat.
Fantastic pictures. It's where I love to go since I was a child to re-charge the batteries. Normally around Carna. Your photos remind me of the covers of Walter Macken's books, the actual photo that Traveller picked as a favourite was, in an almost identical view used for the cover of his book The Coll Doll. If I was young enough and clever enough with this pooter I'd put one of those link thingies in to show the cover of the book on Amazon, but alas, age dictates :(
Thanks again.
Chrisb.
Naas.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It's actually right alongside the main Galway-Clifden road, perhaps 10-15 miles from Clifden town itself. You can't miss it :D

Unfortunately though there are some powerlines running by the trees which aren't visible in the low-res pic, damn muppets.
Thanks, the details are now in my places to go book. I am doing the Run for the Sun next June. After that I was thinking of making my way from Dingle, up the coast to Doolin and then on to Galway. The to N69 and Clifden look like the next stage of the plan then on to Sligo.

Thanks again for the info and pictures.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well done Paddy, go raibh maith agat.
Fantastic pictures. It's where I love to go since I was a child to re-charge the batteries. Normally around Carna. Your photos remind me of the covers of Walter Macken's books, the actual photo that Traveller picked as a favourite was, in an almost identical view used for the cover of his book The Coll Doll. If I was young enough and clever enough with this pooter I'd put one of those link thingies in to show the cover of the book on Amazon, but alas, age dictates :(
Thanks again.
Chrisb.
Naas.
Glad you liked them Chrisb. I've had a gander on Amazon and found the cover, damn plagiarists, how dare they :D Amazon.co.uk: Walter Macken: Books

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, the details are now in my places to go book. I am doing the Run for the Sun next June. After that I was thinking of making my way from Dingle, up the coast to Doolin and then on to Galway. The to N69 and Clifden look like the next stage of the plan then on to Sligo.

Thanks again for the info and pictures.
No bother. That sounds like a great trip you have planned too :thumbright:
Btw... I've bunged up a high-res version of that lake if you want it...

IMG_0495.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
No bother. That sounds like a great trip you have planned too :thumbright:
Btw... I've bunged up a high-res version of that lake if you want it...

IMG_0495.JPG
hi cbrpaddy, just found your fantastic photos, they are just the incentive i need to go there myself. i lived in carna for a while, and want to go back to that neck of the woods. most summers i head back to west cork , i think this year i will take the coastal road to galway! Wh at camera are you using, and would it be ok to print off one of your fab pictures? regards , great escape

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Only just caught up with them myself. They are fantastic. I think my fave is this, with the silhouette of the 'bended tree'. Love it :thumbup:

Now, if you could just find a way of sticking an Africa Twin in there without ruining the pic, it would be a definite for next year's calendar....

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Gods own country:thumbup: Awesome pics. Must visit soon (but in the summer:thumbleft:)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
hi cbrpaddy, just found your fantastic photos, they are just the incentive i need to go there myself. i lived in carna for a while, and want to go back to that neck of the woods. most summers i head back to west cork , i think this year i will take the coastal road to galway! Wh at camera are you using, and would it be ok to print off one of your fab pictures? regards , great escape
It's a Canon EOS500, but I still haven't got a clue how to use it properly. Work away on printing, that's what they're for :thumbright:

I was out near Carna there recently, lovely area, though Cork isn't bad either, I did a bit of it last summer for the first time and was well impressed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts