·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get the sprouts on yet...? :rolleyes:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Not unless you want them really really soft. In fact I have a great recipe for sprouts.

boil them, then mash them with some cream. Put them in the oven with breadcrumbs over the top.

Crispy Creamed sprouts

now I would love to follow this by saying yummy but I hate sprouts, this makes them just about edible :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
According to the darling of the middle classes (Sarah 'Kill me now' Kennedy) you should have had them on since about mid-August to get the right salty, soggy, fart-producing essence (think old school dinners).

I'm liking the sound of Crispy Creamed Sprouts but fear I will be doing the traditional thing again this year - depending on size boil for between 5 and 10 minutes then toss in butter (ooer!) and maybe a quick trip into the oven as you're carving the Bernard Matthews just to crisp 'em up a bit.

You're welcome

L

·
0 Posts
Oi!!! shariie, I'll copy the sprouts to the XRV recipe thread :p

As for cooking them I prefer to blanch, then slow back in the oven for twenty four hours....

Then grab one black widow catapult, load with a sprout and aim at any person who dares to venture out on xmas day!!!!!

Kymmy

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Par boil 'em then finish them off fried with Lardons, Garlic and a little Chilli :thumb:
Y'know...sometimes I think you forget you're a Jock..:booty:

....Whats with all this vegetable stuff ?!!!.......:confused:

Tatties only....and..."gravy":sign12:

(for you..not me):D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Sprouts are for life, not just Christmas.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Y'know...sometimes I think you forget you're a Jock..:booty:

....Whats with all this vegetable stuff ?!!!.......:confused:

Tatties only....and..."gravy":sign12:

(for you..not me):D
Well obviously that recipe's for my soft Southern friends.

When I return to the motherland, naturally I make Scotch Sprouts, covered in sausagemeat and deepfried in batter! :D :brave:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Well obviously that recipe's for my soft Southern friends.

When I return to the motherland, naturally I make Scotch Sprouts, covered in sausagemeat and deepfried in batter! :D :brave:

AYE !!!......(said in the style of Ali G with a scottish accent)

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Par boil 'em then finish them off fried with Lardons, Garlic and a little Chilli :thumb:
We won't let you back into the mother land if you've started to dream up recipes like that - ya poof !!

:D:D

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There I was thinking it was a simple question :rolleyes:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
20 minutes to cook,put them on same time as spuds,make a deep cross cut in their bases and you'll be fine.
a little sprinkle of vinegar and you're off to farty land.
try em drizzled with honey and popped in the oven when you take the turkey out,10 minutes should do,makes them crispy sweet on the outside.

L

·
0 Posts
You lot are absolutely sick....eating sprouts????? what a disgusting idea!!! Begone with all of you!!!

Kymmy

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
20 minutes to cook,put them on same time as spuds,make a deep cross cut in their bases and you'll be fine.
a little sprinkle of vinegar and you're off to farty land.
try em drizzled with honey and popped in the oven when you take the turkey out,10 minutes should do,makes them crispy sweet on the outside.
Blimey - that sounds a bit posh for plain old sprouts - will give it a go :D

L

·
0 Posts
Can I ask you lot to post your sprout recipes in the recipe thread please

ThanX Kymmy

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Take some Bacon cut it up in small cubes.Fry till golden brown,chuck in par boiled sprouts fry little bit longer,add a little cream,salt and pepper
Bingo

L

·
0 Posts
Take some Bacon cut it up in small cubes.Fry till golden brown,chuck in par boiled sprouts fry little bit longer,add a little cream,salt and pepper
Bingo
I perfer the other bacon method

Take loads of bacon, grill/fry until ultra crispy. Fry one or two eggs (depending on appetite) and place bacon and eggs on a large peice of crusty bloomer loaf. Coat with loads of brown sauce.

Then sit back with a drink of your choice and devour whilst thinking how much better it tastes than sprouts!!!!

Kymmy

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:BEGONE FOUL FIEND !!!!!!!!:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

mentioning those works of satan here is just not on:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts