Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just replaced the front brake pads on my 96 @ and discovered a sort of bulging around the front rim. Priced up a new wheel and that scared me lol.
So does anyone Know a good wheel rebuilder and a rough price for the job.Or does anyone have a good front wheel for sale.
Any help with this is very much appreciated. ;););)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hi this is what Central Wheel Components sent to me and I have to say I have no dealings with them at all unless someone on here as had. This is not a recommendation just info

Many thanks for the enquiry.

We are unable to supply hubs for the Africa twin, however based on you sending us the hubs i can confirm the following prices:

Front Wheel:

1 21 x 1.85 36 Hole Morad Alloy rim £100.00 inc VAT
1 Set polished stainless spokes & nipples £55.00 inc VAT
1 Wheelbuild £44.00 inc VAT

Rear Wheel

1 17 x 3.00 32 Hole Morad Alloy Rim £131.00 inc VAT
1 Set polished stainless spokes & nipples £44.00 inc VAT
1 Wheelbuild £32.00 inc VAT

The prices quoted are for polished alloy rims, if you required Black or Gold anodised this would be an additional £17.00 per wheel.
We can also blast and powdercoat your hubs for you if required, this would be £35.00 per hub.

Return postage for a pair of wheels would be £20.00 and the turnaround time for this would be 3-4 weeks at this moment in time.

I hope this is of assistance and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you.

Kind regards
Warren Harding

·
Registered
232 Posts
Theres rim + spokeset listed in Touratech catalog, but in price list they doesn`t exist. Good looking black Excels..

17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW,
you guys are quick thanks a lot i have emailed central and sfx just wait for replies now.

As for the transalp wheel on fleabay im sure i read somewhere that they wont fit due to different size spindles but thanks anyway and if im wrong im sure i will be righted soon lol
many thanks when i get it sorted ill post the results ;)

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
I used a DRZ400 front rim on my AT, bought the stainless spokes from Hagon, the rim for £15 and had it laced up for £50.

The AT rim is a 1.8" and the DRZ is 1.65" but this makes no odds at all - promise!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi, I had to change the corroded front wheel 2 years ago, to pass the MOT, and I am afraid the quoted figures are more or less what you need to pay for a new wheel (yes, 170 quid :mad:). Nice gift of driving in wintry conditions...
Unless you find a 2nd hand of course.

You can buy the rim and spindles and, for building the wheel, find a good bicycle repairer though.

Cheers
GC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts