Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw this and thought, yeah always fancied one of those.... the rest they say is history, she's now in the garage awaiting a little loving and TLC

If you don't know its an RD350F:thumbright:

Anyone on here owned one?

3.jpg 2.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
mmmm nice :thumbright:

I had a later model F2 in the mid 90's. Big Grins, power bands and impromptu wheelies. I had mine for 3 years and apart from motorways, only got overtaken once - by anything. :D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I had a black one in the 90's. Big grin factor, plenty quick but a bit scary around the bends.

Oh! and 25mpg if you thrash them (which you just have to) :-D

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
I have a TDR250, love it to bits, it is alongside the aircooled 250 and 400 in the shed, Nearly bought one of those once at the local bike shop but could not agree on a price, i was offering less than he had paid he told me. i told him he was daft paying so much for it, he wanted top dollar for a average or below average bike, and did not expect someone that knew a bit about em i think , He was hoping a misty eyed forty something wanting to relive their youth would look at it with blinkers on i think

Norbo keeps a lot of bits for em, but be aware anything he lists as genuine yam will be availble from a yam dealer stiil

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ultimatelccrazy/

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
That looks very clean and tidy, now see how many R6's you can make look silly:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
1998 RD07a Red / White / Blue
1988 RD03 Marathon Replica Monster
1989 RD03 Rally Fairing Work In Progress
1984 QR50 The original mini motocrosser
2001 KTM 50 Pro Senior
1999 CR250 Mad crosser
1996 ZX7R Green Meanie
1976 CB500T Cafe Racer Work In Progress
1989 RD350F YPVS Another project!!!!!!

Hmmm, when do You find the time to eat and sleep?

Those are fantastic little machines, they used to be called Coltsfoot here in Sweden, and the reason for this was that they were the first to be seen in the ditches when springtime came.
I think all of them have been crashed at one time or another. Nevertheless, they can be driven by an inspired rider at a pace that could humiliate a lesser skilful rider on a modern race replica

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1998 RD07a Red / White / Blue
1988 RD03 Marathon Replica Monster
1989 RD03 Rally Fairing Work In Progress
1984 QR50 The original mini motocrosser
2001 KTM 50 Pro Senior
1999 CR250 Mad crosser
1996 ZX7R Green Meanie
1976 CB500T Cafe Racer Work In Progress
1989 RD350F YPVS Another project!!!!!!

Hmmm, when do You find the time to eat and sleep?

Those are fantastic little machines, they used to be called Coltsfoot here in Sweden, and the reason for this was that they were the first to be seen in the ditches when springtime came.
I think all of them have been crashed at one time or another. Nevertheless, they can be driven by an inspired rider at a pace that could humiliate a lesser skilful rider on a modern race replica
I eat and sleep bikes so no problem, the wife has just given up now!!

I have never riden one before so look forward getting her on the road.:thumbright:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nice one :thumbup: I remember about 1981,I would be waiting for the school bus.One of the local lads would come up to the crossroads where we caught the bus on his early RD350LC and pull a massive whealie down the road. :toothy10::toothy10:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one :thumbup: I remember about 1981,I would be waiting for the school bus.One of the local lads would come up to the crossroads where we caught the bus on his early RD350LC and pull a massive whealie down the road. :toothy10::toothy10:
It's stories like that, that make me remember things like when I was at school a 6th former had an RD250LC with one of those tiny sidewinder sidecars:D:D I think they were called sinewinders - someone will no doubt correct me if its wrong:thumbright:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Had the F1 not the F2, Stan Stephens did a stage two on the motor, that with a set of Microns and it was great. See a few about in the summer, god the tyres look skinny and the foks look weedy, but back in the late 80's they were tops...

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hah, it was a sidewinder!!!!!
80s sidewinder.jpg

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
You lucky man

1 - 20 of 32 Posts