Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I finally got my AT. It's been a long time coming and until the DVLA register it I still can't ride it, but it puts a smile on my face every time I go in the garage. Could anyone she'd light on the crash bars that are fitted? I can't find them on a limited google search. Cheers

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
483 Posts
Those definitely look like Motad bars to me. My '98 RD07A came with similar bars, see the pic. However, I took them off as I think the lower mounts to the bash plate lugs will be inherently weak in the event of a fall. I plan to replace them with Rugged Roads bars, which seem to be more securely mounted to the frame tube at the lower position.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those definitely look like Motad bars to me. My '98 RD07A came with similar bars, see the pic. However, I took them off as I think the lower mounts to the bash plate lugs will be inherently weak in the event of a fall. I plan to replace them with Rugged Roads bars, which seem to be more securely mounted to the frame tube at the lower position.
View attachment 165953
Thanks for that. Agree with you the Rugged Roads ones do look stronger. Maybe if my finances ever recover!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks for that. Agree with you the Rugged Roads ones do look stronger. Maybe if my finances ever recover!
+1 for the Rugged Road bars with the winglets when your finances allow,putting the weight if the bike if the worst happens on two 6mm bolts seems excessive.I also use the winglets as footrests when i get tired legs in one position.

Reactions: Hapless biker

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another +1 for the Rugged Roads bars. Used the 'winglets' to support two small Lomo bags for my Morocco trip - like they were made for the job!
Love the notion that an AT has 'winglets' 😁😁💨💨💨

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another +1 for the Rugged Roads bars. Used the 'winglets' to support two small Lomo bags for my Morocco trip - like they were made for the job!
Love the notion that an AT has 'winglets' 😁😁💨💨💨
Probably helps keep the front down under heavy acceleration too, like the MotoGP bikes!

·
Registered
131 Posts
-1 Rugged Road. I don't like the pressure on the bash plate bolts, that is also an additional pain if you need to remove the bash plate (you have to realign everything). I find the Heavy Duty ones (and all their stuff really) very well conceived, built and affordable. My humble opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts