Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
were did all my hair go?
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RD07a but i baught it with no crash bars fitted as i am told they came out with. Looking for a set but not sure if there is dif makes and if there is , which one is the best to get. Would rather have them on than drop the bike and cry like a druggy going throug re-hab

·
Do you have any cheese?
313 Posts
SW motech or Givi crash bars are the most commonly used for the twins!

Have a look on either Wemoto or M&P, both of these companies sell crash bars for the AT's!

:thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Wemoto for SW Motech bars. 50mph more than 30 yards skidding along tarmac and they were less than half worn through.

I'd rather not be able to confirm that they work, but they do.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,​

I had the same "problem" a couple of months ago and started the mentioned thread:
RD07a - Crash bars (revisited)

Went for SW Motech as mentioned there because:​

- fixing on the frame is better, as is the general consensus here
- good availability and delivery time (I live in Portugal)
- mid-range priced
- lots of good feeback
- look nice!​

Hope it helped!​

Luís Cabrita
Portugal
'93 NSR50
'99 CBR600
'97 XRV750​

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi, I would just like to say... Don't discount your local Honda dealer, as I have found lately that they are no longer hugely overpriced for some parts, as when lookin for bars for my TA found them on Ebay for around £100, but when in Honda just asked in passing and the said they can get them from Givi, and it was about £90. So I would say to ask Honda first, as you might be surprised.
Another example of pricing from them, wanted a new rear disk.. Genuine Honda, about £80, but then he said they also stock the EBC disk, and that came in at £48, so you can probably guess which one I got...;);)

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is what those gdm RickyCross bars made.
Another broke and theres crack also in other one.

I also have center stand from same manufacturer, waiting what happens with that... ARGH!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts