Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Try everything once!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recomend the best (quality and price) place to have a look please..

Also seem to be having some trouble locating a centre stand at anywhere other than a dealer.... Any Ideas on that one as well would be much appreciated.

Bike spilled on some oil just before Christmas and I feel that they would have paid for themselves if only I had got them sooner

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Just logged on after fitting my crash bars ,mine are Motech if thats any help.
Easy to put on once I got hold of some good allen keys and sorted the hardest part (top fixing bolt)very tight to get to and very very hard to budge at first, but once that bit was done not to bad.
Because of those bolts it took me all of 3 hours .
They seem quite sturdy and look pretty good and dont foul anything.
You can get these bars from Ebay as I did and they will send the right ones for your Vara if you tell them what one you have so that there will be no mistakes.
Hopes this helps you ------Paul------

·
Try everything once!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will have a look, unfortunatly one of them has been blocked by my server so cant look at that one as it doesnt like the address..
Will have a look at the other one though and hopefully find something for when I get back to the UK in a couple of weeks.
Something else to play with :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Givi bars are a pretty popular fit. Can be bought for around £100.

As for centrastands there are a couple of makes I know of. SW Motch that I have fitted and the OE Honda one.

There is a review of the SW Motec one in the review section.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
good looking stuff but expensive, engine bars £240, 40L case £220 each.

or i think its expensive, i know the pound isnt doing very well but still.....
I'd stick with the givi bars myself even if they dont look as good.
Yes indeed davsato, but it is quality gear and a long wait, but just giving the guy another option :thumbup: I have them on my Transalp, so has bt,lutin & largewayround, they are good bars and you can have them painted to match your bike, (if thats your thing) and have fog lights fitted, but I agree they are dearer than Givi etc. Horses for courses :thumbup:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
it looks like more serious kit than givi, looks like it would do a better job. my czechs not that good (im english, we dont need another language:rolleyes:), but the list of options seemed impressive

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have Givi bars on my Transalp but may change them in the future, they were cheap to buy but the finish is cheap so the better bars would cost more.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
ive had givi luggage before, the paint finish on the racks doesnt last very long but the steel is pretty good, its cheap to get them dipped (or even galvanised, or plated if you want to go mad!) and re-painted

·
Registered
83 Posts
I prefer the look of the Givi's to be honest and the price is well affordable and one day soon will remove the Givi's and have them powder coated and even than it will still have been cheaper than the craze things (and less metal-ergo less extra weight):D

·
Try everything once!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers all and thanks for the usefull info, soon as I am back in the Uk I will hopefully have some ordered - delivered and ready to fit... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts