Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Definitely Graves. If you're not in a rush and can wait a few months then they are the ones to have.

I just fitted some to my 650 last week. Very well made and fit perfectly. I mounted my bikvis leds on them on Sunday too. Been waiting for the bars as I couldn't work out where to fit them otherwise.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Anyone know if they do anything for the XL700?

·
Registered
244 Posts
looking to replace my crash bars on my transalp 650 anybody know where to source a set ;)
Whats up with the existing set, are they useable, what brand (photo) are you selling them?

·
Registered
136 Posts
how much money are these crash bars ?????
My Graves bars should have cost me £210 delivered. However with the help of the Halifax and the fact I've never done an international transfer before they cost me £30 on top of that. I had to make an extra payment as the Halifax didn't mention that a third party the money passes through may or may not take payment during the transfer. They also can't say how much this party may or may not take!! Of course they didn't tell me this until I asked after the short payment was made!

Ask lots of questions of your bank if you want to make such a transfer is all I can say.

Expensive? Without a doubt, double what some of the competition sell for, but I think they are worth it.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Good comparison for you Campagman...just noticed your username..

I have Givi bars and I believe these Grave bars to be the Campags to my Shimano's......like it?!

There are images on the Graves site of a TA600 and 700 with bars under the gallery if I remember rightly.

They look well designed and finished from the pics alone - wish Id seen them before getting my Givis. I aint got anywhere to put the lights onto the Givi's without them being a point of contact in the event of a drop with only one possible location meaning that a drop onto soft ground would push them into the fairing and scratching it at least. The Givi's are just a bit too well designed round the fairing for my liking. They are great in the event of a drop though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've put the Givis on mine, mostly due to the fact that they were cheap enough. They've already proved their worth after a slow speed spill on leaf covered mud in a carpark.
Farkys right about mounting lights. I had some and one got squished. Thankfully the bars kept it far enough from the fairing and the fairing was unscathed.

Photo taken pre lights being fitted

I've not seen the Graves bars, but at that price they should be good. I'd certainly buy the Givis again if I needed to replace them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've not seen the Graves bars, but at that price they should be good. I'd certainly buy the Givis again if I needed to replace them.
Here's a couple of bad photo's of my bars, my phone's camera is not up to much unless the light is just so.

You can also just make out where I have mounted my bikevis LEDs on the bars. I think the bars are worth it. Not had to test them and I hope I never do!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, they look really nice, but they seem really expensive for what they are. They do look like they might offer more protection than the Givi version.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, I have got the cheaper givi bars. Yes they work well. ....I think it was the 24 cans of lager in the top box which caused the instability (& my foot slipping on gravel).

Got them from Byke bitz in 2 days (about £110 including delivery).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts